OrlandoMagicFan1234

Dwight wants trade after season is over

Dwight wants trade link

Report: Dwight Howard to request a trade this summer

Ready for a not at all shocking rumor? Of course you are.

According to ESPN, Dwight Howard will request a trade as soon as the Magic are eliminated from the postseason. Here's what Stephen A. Smith said on SportsCenter:

"The minute this season is over, according to what I am hearing from his camp, you can expect Dwight Howard to tell Orlando. 'Get me out of here. I don't want to be here any longer.' You've got Stan Van Gundy annoyed with the organization. You've got Dwight Howard disgusted with the organization. The way he's been treated, along with the way his teammates have been AWOL on him as far as he's concerned. You've got a problem.

Not to mention the fact, there's one other little Cliff Note that you might find interesting. When he had his back surgery, they were talking about giving him a flight on AirTran or something like that. This is the kind of stuff that I've been told in the last 24 hours in terms of how they've treated him. He feels as a superstar, he's been treated as a scrub."

Catch that last part? Howard was going to be flown to Los Angeles for his back surgery on a budget airliner. But keep in mind, this admittedly came from "Howard's camp," a camp that hasn't been shy about pushing to move him out of Orlando. It's always appeared to be Howard resisting that, but his so-called camp has advocated he move to a bigger city.

Howard publicly requested to be traded early in the season, listing teams he'd approve of. He then waffled at the deadline, eventually waiving his early termination option locking himself into another year in Orlando. The only way he could leave Orlando before becoming a free agent in the summer of 2013 is via trade.

The Magic have tried to do whatever it takes to keep Howard happy so it's hard to picture them trading him this summer even if he goes public again. It seems that they've made their bed with Howard and they're just going to sleep in it until he finally up and leaves.

I will see it when I believe it

Howard's "camp" should shut the hell up until the off-season....which won't be that long away for this team.

Catch that last part? Howard was going to be flown to Los Angeles for his back surgery on a budget airliner.

oh the humanity

If Brooklyn gets a top 3 pick,Dwight will be a Net this offseason,Orlando should take pride in the franchise and tell Dwight sign longterm or we will trade you.No reason should we go through this all over again next year.

Lopez,Wallace,top 3 pick for Dwight,Duhon.

• Upvote 1

Unless the Nets get that top 3 pick Dwight won't be going there.

This!

The Nets have nothing we really want at this point.

Heck I don't want Lopez irregardless.....bad feet on a 7 footer and a long term contract is a recipe for disaster.

The point is this: he was flown in a jet. Period. Why complain over something that didn't happen? And consider this: according to YaBoyR Dwight wasn't happy about it, but who told him he would be flown via AirTran: the Orlando Magic or his agent? His agent could still be the one putting the negative slant on things? The Magic organization is still a business. If one jet ride is going to cost the weekly salary of 4 employees, all options still must be considered. At the end, they flew him on a private jet. No one should be complaining. I don't get it. The media is making Dwight look like a douche or is Dwight really a douche? Not sure what to believe anymore.

This!

The Nets have nothing we really want at this point.

Heck I don't want Lopez irregardless.....bad feet on a 7 footer and a long term contract is a recipe for disaster.

Wouldn't mind having his twin, though. Not to build a team around, I just happen to think Robin's a better, healthier player.

• Downvote 3