TheOrlandoTragic

Dwight officially out for the remainder of the season, including playoffs

Maybe he needs to look in the mirror a lil. Why are the players not checking on him, why are they spilling their convos to the media? Sounds to me to be almost relief from everything that's been going on. Kinda makes me think the fans and team are just as tired of him as he is of Stan and management. Rightfully so on both parts though. I don't think ANYONE within this orginization has handled anything this year properly. With the exception of Stan and the team (Dwight included) continuing to win, the year was a joke and one I will soon try to forget.

He's already apologized for his part in this years drama

Am I the only one (not named YaBoyR) that would prefer he get the surgery and be healthy?

I mean, we've been a dysfunctional team all year and yeah, Dwight's our anchor, but how well do you think he'd play? You know: WITHOUT A BACK?

Seriously.

Whether he stays or goes, I'd rather the dude not destroy his career by playing on a bad back. We still have him for next season and I'd rather he could actually play for it.

We *could* have done something this offseason, but come on people - THIS team was not going to win the championship. Sorry, the Magic just aren't lucky or talented enough to have that kind of run in them. Not when compared with teams like Chicago, and Miami and Boston (who are allowed to have eight men on the court).

Let's see if we can sneak past the Pacers, put the fear in some upper tier team, and then go all out to get some real talent in here to help Dwight out with an actual off-season to work with.

'Meer, Anderson, and JJ stay. Everyone else can go. Baby could lose about 20-30lbs (go on the Perkins diet). Anderson will be one year older and more experienced. Amnesty Turk or finally, finally, finally bring him off the bench, since that's the point he's at in his career now.

Duhon should be fired.

Out of a cannon.

....into the sun.

I'm glad he's getting the surgery and can be back to 100% next season. It's not like we had a chance this season anyway, so who really cares. I am just hoping that he uses this summer to work on his free throws, since he won't be playing in the Olympics, etc.

If Dwight is upset at his teammates for leaking some things, then tough crap. How do you think the team felt when he demanded a trade because they weren't good enough for him?

As for the surgery, sucks to hear, and any (small) chance of making a run in the playoffs went out the window. I'm just ready to see what changes are coming in the offseason, it was very disappointing to see this organization make practically no changes after last year.

Am I the only one (not named YaBoyR) that would prefer he get the surgery and be healthy?

I mean, we've been a dysfunctional team all year and yeah, Dwight's our anchor, but how well do you think he'd play? You know: WITHOUT A BACK?

Seriously.

Whether he stays or goes, I'd rather the dude not destroy his career by playing on a bad back. We still have him for next season and I'd rather he could actually play for it.

We *could* have done something this offseason, but come on people - THIS team was not going to win the championship. Sorry, the Magic just aren't lucky or talented enough to have that kind of run in them. Not when compared with teams like Chicago, and Miami and Boston (who are allowed to have eight men on the court).

Let's see if we can sneak past the Pacers, put the fear in some upper tier team, and then go all out to get some real talent in here to help Dwight out with an actual off-season to work with.

'Meer, Anderson, and JJ stay. Everyone else can go. Baby could lose about 20-30lbs (go on the Perkins diet). Anderson will be one year older and more experienced. Amnesty Turk or finally, finally, finally bring him off the bench, since that's the point he's at in his career now.

Duhon should be fired.

Out of a cannon.

....into the sun.

I'm with you. A whole thread was dedicated to the surgery vs. not argument. I was a proponent of sitting him through the playoffs and getting the appropriate treatment, which, in this case, did involve surgery as I had predicted in the other thread. I am with you!

Why can't you tell us the other one?

Just dont feel comfortable having it get out before the playoffs. At the end of the Dwight and them have to talk and clear the air whenever theyre ready, i dont want anymore drama for this team in media before the playoffs lol

Seriously.

Duhon should be fired.

Out of a cannon.

....into the sun.

We already used the amnesty on Gil. That's the only one we get, right?

Just dont feel comfortable having it get out before the playoffs. At the end of the Dwight and them have to talk and clear the air whenever theyre ready, i dont want anymore drama for this team in media before the playoffs lol

Then why bother to mention it, why mention that it was players? Why mention that there were two? Why mention that one of them was Q?