TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Because he yells at players who are slacking, and apparently picked the roster we currently have. The guy is the master of panic, and all he knows how to do on offense is just have guys chuck 3s.

/sarcasm

It is beyond me to understand how some of these mouth-breathers here can call Stan "Master of Panic" when the guy is anything but panic. How many times, just this season, have we seen Duhon check in when we have a big lead, and that lead just go straight down the toilet? Does Duhon get pulled? Nope. Stays right in there sucking it up. I could understand if y'all developmentally challenged 12yo's said he was Master of "Stay the Course", since like the Sun having ice cubes thrown at it, he just doesn't budge from his plan of action. Panic would imply that he's constantly changing everything every other possession.

Not sure who the bigger fool is in that case: Shaq for not knowing what those words meant when he first said it, or the mouth-breathers on this board who parrot it like a rallying cry for those who just can't master patty-cake.

Agreed, SVG is a top 5 Coach.

Nice little write up on SVG.

Savage: Van Gundy Shines in Postseason Setting

INDIANAPOLIS -- Stan Van Gundy would be the first to admit that he’s not the most empathetic, calm or patient coach in the league.

However, if the Magic’s Game 1 victory over the Pacers reminded the world of anything, it’s that Orlando’s head coach can prepare his squad better than or as well as any leader in the NBA.

Dwight is the expendable one here. Especially if he can still net Lopez/Wallace and multiple 1st round pics while ridding us of Hedo's contract.

Wallace is opting out.

Dwight is the expendable one here. Especially if he can still net Lopez/Wallace and multiple 1st round pics while ridding us of Hedo's contract.

Someone obviously doesn't realize how bad Lopez is.

this is where being a homer goes too far.

How about playing well on both ends within a team which hasn't always been the case with either of them.

What about it? I am failing to see the relevance to what was said earlier. The closest similarity I see is for when they played for Stan, but both were vets by then...albeit only third year for Caron...far from being a rookie nonetheless. Lamar was who we was by then...entering his 5th year by then if I remember right.

You new posters need to realize that SmackDaddy knows more about the Magic than you could ever hope to.

• Upvote 2

Well, the ifs probably don't work in this case. Because Gerald Wallace is going to opt out of his contract, and if the Nets don't end up with one of the top 3 picks in the draft lottery this month, then the Nets don't have ANY draft picks to give up this season. I just don't see Brook Lopez helping them over the long term. They do want to make a move that actually could help them in some way.

But in the end, I don't think any of these threads about SVG's future matter. The Magic are going to base their decision on SVG on how they see him fit with the future of the team going forward long term. Who knows what that vision is? At this point, we have no idea what this team or team management is going to look like next season, and the team is not giving us any indication. Whether Dwight Howard is here or not, who knows who will be left on this roster after this season and whether those guys want to play for Stan or not? Maybe what they tell management at the end of the season will have an impact. Who knows whether the Magic think SVG could do something again like the bomb he dropped last month, which contributed to the craziness at the end of the season?

Do any of you think there is a possibllity that SVG might have done that because he wasn't sure he wanted to coach this team anymore? I know he said he wants to remain coach. But he had to know the impact what he said would have.

I know this is a radical idea. But I think everyone should just enjoy the playoffs and appreciate what this team is doing. You know, like Stan says, care about the outcome of the games. You don't know how this summer could impact this team long term -- and maybe not necessarily in a good way.

• Upvote 1

What about it? I am failing to see the relevance to what was said earlier. The closest similarity I see is for when they played for Stan, but both were vets by then...albeit only third year for Caron...far from being a rookie nonetheless. Lamar was who we was by then...entering his 5th year by then if I remember right.

What are you not understanding? Lamar and Caron had very good years under Stan, they have not had good years under many other coaches outside of Phil.