TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Did Howard ever 'say' with his own mouth he wanted stan fired? No, everything has been from 'sources'. Oh course he wanted Stan gone, but he told people this LAST SUMMER.

Which is grossly unprofessional on its own, but the more ludicrous point here is that you're excusing him based on the premise that doing something grossly unethical and unprofessional is ok at long as its behind closed doors based on the incredibly naive view that it'll never surface.

Not only is such a belief comically naive, but it misses the point entirely.

Hell, look at what you're arguing: You want SVG to bare the entire blame here for exposing something underhanded and conniving Howard attempted to do behind closed doors. That makes Van Gundy a rat, I guess, but all that other stuff? That's on Dwight, and when he allegedly told people about it is completely irrelevant. No one's denying he did it at this point, except him.

And actually: the fact that he's denying it makes it worse, because it makes him look completely gutless.

And again: ALL OF THAT argument is predicated on Dwight actually believing that none of this would ever get out in any capacity, which would require him to be so stupid as to be incapable of telling his left from right without putting his hand on his heart and mouthing the pledge of allegiance.

Jesus *****ing christ, finding fault isn't a zero-sum game, no matter how convenient it would be for Dwight and his cheerleaders like you if it was. People are perfectly capable of assigning blame to multiple parties, and I don't have to remove blame from Dwight to place some on Stan. Whatever fault Stan deserves for airing franchise dirty laundry in public exists entirely separately from the absolute stream of bull**** the franchise has gone through because of Dwight this year, and your insistence that "Dwight told them last year!" somehow absolves him of what happened yesterday is patently absurd.

• Upvote 3

Yeah he handled that badly, but he got blindsided. He didn't know Stan told the media that before he walked up

There was absolutely no reason for him to do that though, that's the point. Sure, the organization had been covering for him and denying rumors, but why make it worse? Why step up and be so adamant about calling out Ping and his report as bull **** when you don't even need to address it?

There was absolutely no reason for him to do that though, that's the point. Sure, the organization had been covering for him and denying rumors, but why make it worse? Why step up and be so adamant about calling out Ping and his report as bull **** when you don't even need to address it?

Because he was acting professionally, Captain, my Captain smile_creaturedance.gif

I'm sorry to al the Stan Lovers out there but I am happy that Stan is almost out the door. IMO Stan would be a great assistant coach, he's good at prepping for games, good at teaching defense, but Horrible at in game Coaching, And Don't get me started on his Thumb down spread offense we run all game.

Couple of points:

1.) Stan is the only guy who believes that DUDU is better as a back up at this point than Ish.

2.) Stan keeps his guys in the game no matter if they are 0 for 13, but will sit one of our bench riders if they take 2 shots and miss.

3.) Stan keeps our starters in the games up until the 3 minute mark no matter what the score is.

4.) Horrible Communicator (With players)

5.) Stan has said after so many losses that the effort wasn't there and we didn't play hard enough, but refuses to put the young athletic hungry guys in.

6.) Stan looks disgusted at his players after every single basket the other team scores, It's like he expects the game to be 150 to 0. Try doing anything in life where you mess up once and your boss is stomping around screaming at you.

7.) Doesn't take the time to bond with the players, you can tell that there is no real respect there.

8.) I hate when we lose and he says we just didn't have it offensively and i'll take the blame for that and then comes back the next night with no adjustment.

Just my opinion I don't think he's a great Coach, I think he's done all he can do. I think Otis is an even worse GM so please nobody yell at me saying Otos is to blame. They both are.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry to al the Stan Lovers out there but I am happy that Stan is almost out the door. IMO Stan would be a great assistant coach, he's good at prepping for games, good at teaching defense, but Horrible at in game Coaching, And Don't get me started on his Thumb down spread offense we run all game.

Couple of points:

1.) Stan is the only guy who believes that DUDU is better as a back up at this point than Ish.

2.) Stan keeps his guys in the game no matter if they are 0 for 13, but will sit one of our bench riders if they take 2 shots and miss.

3.) Stan keeps our starters in the games up until the 3 minute mark no matter what the score is.

4.) Horrible Communicator (With players)

5.) Stan has said after so many losses that the effort wasn't there and we didn't play hard enough, but refuses to put the young athletic hungry guys in.

6.) Stan looks disgusted at his players after every single basket the other team scores, It's like he expects the game to be 150 to 0. Try doing anything in life where you mess up once and your boss is stomping around screaming at you.

7.) Doesn't take the time to bond with the players, you can tell that there is no real respect there.

8.) I hate when we lose and he says we just didn't have it offensively and i'll take the blame for that and then comes back the next night with no adjustment.

Just my opinion I don't think he's a great Coach, I think he's done all he can do. I think Otis is an even worse GM so please nobody yell at me saying Otos is to blame. They both are.

Every attribute you list can be um, attributed (dammit, I should have thought that one out more) to the fact that SVG eats/sleeps/breathes basketball, way more than anyone else in the organization. His knowledge of this game is on par with any other coach in the league. My problem with the standpoint that he needs to go is this: who will you replace him with? Who is out there that can come in with an admittedly fresh perspective but will also provide the acumen that Stan and his staff has?

And furthermore, what good does replacing the coach do if you do not also make the necessary moves to improve the roster? It is a single step among several necessary steps. If Stan cannot coach this team to a title, neither can any other coach that is currently available.

No need to defend Dwight as he is the one will come out a winner in all of this because he will still be employed. His role for the rest of the season and this summer is play as hard as he possibly can and do the PR stuff over the summer.

Stan and Otis are gone which is exactly what he wanted anyway.

Lol. Wow. No, professional would be "no comment." Instead, not only does Dwight lie through his report to Broussard, he then verbally calls out Ping by calling his report "bs." Dude has no idea how to attack professionally. It's like watching a goofy, haughty middle school kid get busted for wrongdoing. Not saying SVG and Otis have been right, but Dwight looks worse than Lebron at this point. On behalf of the world, you can let him know that. Lol

EDIT: And, yes, I think it's time to let Otis and SVG go. SVG is burned out and Otis has not constructed a winner. Next

You're right but you know dwight by now. He could have said 'no comment' but unfortunately he made it worse

While I agree with some of the harps on Stan (leaving starters in too long, not playing the bench enough, not going deep enough into the bench), he's a great coach. This roster, with the exception of Dwight (and on odd nights, Jameer, Ryno, and maybe JJ), would be bench players on any other team.

So despite that, I take a look at our assistant coaches...

Brendan Malone

Patrick Ewing

Steve Clifford

Bob Beyer

Ahmad Ajami

Mark Price

Yeah: THOSE guys have championship written all over them.

From the NY media:

"We've just got to stay together," Howard said after delivering eight garbage-time points in 40 lousy minutes. "We can't let anything from the outside tear us apart."

This might've been the most absurd thing said on an absurd day and night. We can't let anything from the outside tear us apart?...

Howard hasn't been worth the trouble, and that's a shame. The kid I remember meeting for the first time in a high school locker room in Delaware was a "Finding Nemo" fan who drove a 1984 Ford Crown Victoria, the perfect antidote to LeBron's Hummer.

Howard was a do-gooding son of a state trooper, and he generated controversy only when he stated his pre-Tebow hope that Christ's crucifix would someday be part of the NBA's logo.

Oh, and young Howard had this to say of LeBron James: "I think I can surpass him."

Against the odds, Howard has surpassed James as a villain.

http://espn.go.com/n...illain-superman

If Dwight ends up in NYC, he will be crumble under the weight and hate of the media. Dude has NO IDEA. None. Zip. Zero. Ping and Bianchi are but gnats on the arses of a charging stampede of rhinos compared to those guys.

You're right but you know dwight by now. He could have said 'no comment' but unfortunately he made it worse

So is he only mad at Stan for this? What about the FO for telling Stan? Being Stan's days are now limited is he going to stay?

From the NY media:

http://espn.go.com/n...illain-superman

If Dwight ends up in NYC, he will be crumble under the weight and hate of the media. Dude has NO IDEA. None. Zip. Zero. Ping and Bianchi are but gnats on the arses of a charging stampede of rhinos compared to those guys.

Yea your right. The media up here wouldn't stand for his bs antics and seeing how he's is so sensitive and let's it affect his play god only knows how he'd play in NYC. BTW he is being such a clown he is one of the main topics on sports radio up here.