Bang Gundy

Coach Nate McMillan

He's Half Black

This one made me laugh. Obama answered the big question of the past quarter century, if your half black, your black. So yes Doc Rivers is an African-American coach who has won an NBA championship. And who cares if Nate is black, that doesnt affect the success of our team. It may be better for player relations which is clearly what we need, I'm black and in my experience young black men respond better to an authoratative figure of someone of their own race. Not all the time, but it certainly helps. I love SVG, but he reminds me of my dad. Someone who *****es all the time makes people not wanna listen. The players tune him out because it seems nothing is ever good enough to please Van Gundy. He's got a great gameplan and runs great plays, but his coaching in game situations is the worst. He sticks with his game plan and doesnt take in variables with each game, such as keeping the starters in even though some of our bench players are carrying us. All that aside I would love Adelman as a coach for us or Rivers. There were rumors last summer that Rivers may replace SVG. Lets face it the Celtics are going no where for at least five years. It would make sense for Rivers to return to Orlando, his family still lives here so it makes sense for him to wanna come home. Not too crazy about Nate though. IDK I have alot of mixed emotions. I love SVG and its hard for me to see another coach at this point. Hes the best coach we have ever had.

I honestly think the only two coaches I would take over SVG is Doc and Phil. Phil is obvious, his record speaks for itself. Doc I don't think is any better of a coach then SVG (I would personally say he isn't better, just more of a players coach) but I personally just like the guy a lot and I think his style goes well with players. Outside of that I don't see anyone who would make us any better then SVG. SVG is doing the best he can with the players a crap GM has handed him.

Either way, SVG won't be out of a job for long. The moment he hit's the open market he will be the number one choice for pretty much every team looking for a coach as long as Phil Jackson still isn't coaching.

I honestly think the only two coaches I would take over SVG is Doc and Phil. Phil is obvious, his record speaks for itself. Doc I don't think is any better of a coach then SVG (I would personally say he isn't better, just more of a players coach) but I personally just like the guy a lot and I think his style goes well with players. Outside of that I don't see anyone who would make us any better then SVG. SVG is doing the best he can with the players a crap GM has handed him.

Either way, SVG won't be out of a job for long. The moment he hit's the open market he will be the number one choice for pretty much every team looking for a coach as long as Phil Jackson still isn't coaching.

I would take Pop as well, or even thibs. He has done so well with a Roseless bulls.

If we had no choice, would anyone want Larry Brown?

Not me.

And who cares about coaches atm our focus should be on GM's.

If we had no choice, would anyone want Larry Brown?

I really couldn't imagine that becoming a better situation than what we have now. I;m sure as a person he is great, but as a coach he is 10 times harder on players than Stan has even been. I just can't see how Dwight, (or any other player on the roster who wants SVG gone) would see Larry Brown as the lesser of two evils.

The only acceptable option I see out there is Jerry Sloan. And that's still a somewhat lateral move.

The best option is to convince SVG to stay. Convince him there's a plan and that we value consistency and stability.