DanA_TBDP

Chris Duhon moments

making a layup? you guys are expecting too much. i'd simply like him to be able to control his dribble.

Controlling his own dribble? What the ***** is this, rocket science? I'd like him to be able to open his god damn eyes.

Controlling his own dribble? What the ***** is this, rocket science? I'd like him to be able to open his god damn eyes.

His eyes are open, its the blurred and double vision left over from the beers he had with his eggs and toast in the morning, not to mention the partying the night before.

Thats the issue here...

His eyes are open, its the blurred and double vision left over from the beers he had with his eggs and toast in the morning, not to mention the partying the night before.

Thats the issue here...

Unless we are playing a weekend nooner, any alcohol from breakfast (and the night before) will have long left his system. No, I suspect it's the shots he has with lunch/early dinner that causes the blurred court vision.

Unless we are playing a weekend nooner, any alcohol from breakfast (and the night before) will have long left his system. No, I suspect it's the shots he has with lunch/early dinner that causes the blurred court vision.

I knew an alcoholic homeless man that sore his vision stayed blurry even if he he was not drinking. I actually think that was so used to the blurred vision that normal vision just did not look right. He was a nice man, used to bring him coffee and donuts. I think he died when he was struck by lightening while taking bath in Lake Ivanhoe.

Any way, back to the topic at hand. Maybe Duhon has the same problem.

I have a friend that got a DUI 24 hours after his last drink. If you drink A LOT it can stay with you for a while... ever wake up still drunk after an 8 hour sleep?

First of all, my comment was meant to be a joke, like the rest of the comments in this thread, not to be taken literally, or seriously.

However, since this was brought up...

Okay, alcohol metabolizes at the rate of .015 of BAC per hour, and while your BAC can rise after taking a drink, we have to make a couple of assumptions, one of them being that his BAC peaked as he went to bed. Another assumption is his BAC upon getting pulled over, 24 hours later. The assumption here will be that he was legally drunk, or at least a .08 BAC.

24 hours at .015 per hour = .36 BAC

In other words, if your BAC content was .36, it would take 24 hours to completely leave your system. That means there would be no way to get a DUI when you got pulled over. So, here comes our assumption of the minimum legal limit of .08 BAC.

.36 BAC + .08 BAC = .44 BAC

Here are some generic descriptions of what to expect at certain BAC levels:

BAL .30 %: You're in a stupor. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may suddenly pass out at this point and be difficult to awaken. (But don't kid yourself: Passing out can also occur at lower BAL's. But, at lower blood alcohol levels, you may decide You've had enough to drink and go "pass out." With an alarming BAL like .30%, your body will be deciding to pass out for you.) In February 1996, an 18-year-old student died of alcohol - poisoning with a BAL of .31% after attending two parties the night before.

BAL .35 %: This blood alcohol level also happens to be the level of surgical anesthesia. You may stop breathing at this point. In February 1996, a second student, age 20, died of alcohol poisoning with a BAL of .34% after drinking six beers and twelve shots in two hours.

BAL .40 % You are probably in a coma. The nerve centers controlling your heartbeat and respiration are slowing down, s-I-o-w-i-n-g d-o-w-n, s-I-o-w-i-n-g d-o-w-n. it's a miracle if you're not dead. In April 1994, a 21-year-old student died of alcohol poisoning with a BAL of .40% after a Hell Night party.

So, while under the right circumstances, it might be possible to be arrested for a DUI a full 24 hours after you've stopped drinking (you don't have to be legally drunk or instance for the office to arrest you), the plausibility of such a thing occurring is not likely (and if it did indeed happen, as rare and unlikely as it may be, your friend is certainly beyond lucky to be alive, or they are a cat with one less life).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First of all, my comment was meant to be a joke, like the rest of the comments in this thread, not to be taken literally, or seriously.

However, since this was brought up...

Okay, alcohol metabolizes at the rate of .015 of BAC per hour, and while your BAC can rise after taking a drink, we have to make a couple of assumptions, one of them being that his BAC peaked as he went to bed. Another assumption is his BAC upon getting pulled over, 24 hours later. The assumption here will be that he was legally drunk, or at least a .08 BAC.

24 hours at .015 per hour = .36 BAC

In other words, if your BAC content was .36, it would take 24 hours to completely leave your system. That means there would be no way to get a DUI when you got pulled over. So, here comes our assumption of the minimum legal limit of .08 BAC.

.36 BAC + .08 BAC = .44 BAC

Here are some generic descriptions of what to expect at certain BAC levels:

So, while under the right circumstances, it might be possible to be arrested for a DUI a full 24 hours after you've stopped drinking (you don't have to be legally drunk or instance for the office to arrest you), the plausibility of such a thing occurring is not likely (and if it did indeed happen, as rare and unlikely as it may be, your friend is certainly beyond lucky to be alive, or they are a cat with one less life).

This post is full of crap. I can tell you're not a hardcore alcohol fan. Anybody who watched people drink KNOWS it stays with you for at least 24 hours. Your stats don't mean crap! Anyone can bring up stats!! If you're a real alcohol fan and watch someone drink, you'd know that a BAC of .40 isn't bad at all!!

STOP TRYING TO USE STATS! YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T ACTUALLY WATCH THE DRINKING!!!

This post is full of crap. I can tell you're not a hardcore alcohol fan. Anybody who watched people drink KNOWS it stays with you for at least 24 hours. Your stats don't mean crap! Anyone can bring up stats!! If you're a real alcohol fan and watch someone drink, you'd know that a BAC of .40 isn't bad at all!!

This. Just watching Duhon play confirms the existence of the legendary "PERMADRUNK." At least, I HOPE that's the excuse...

Your post is just too hardcore for me and his stats were just to real

The rejection on his lay up attempt at the end of the 3rd was pretty sweet. I was actually a bit surprise he actually managed to get shot up. Bet he was thanking "I'm gonna score, gonna score, oh crap, who the hell was that". Then again, could have gone like this "gonna score, gonna score, oh crap, dude you just knocked the ball into that dudes beer... Poor beer".

• Upvote 1