Babir_9

2012 Offseason

The Magic have 0 need to trade Howard now... Worst case scenario is that they tell him to have an extended vacation and sit out until the season ends or they find the right trade.

Let's say Dwight leaves as a free agent next season. The magic could most likely get a Bosh type sign and trade deal (so Howard can get more money). Toronto was compensated with 1st rounders and a $16.5M trade exception.

Then next off-season wage Magic will have 3 expiring contracts (Turk, Duhon, and Q-Rich) and will be in prime position to trade them or let them expire- The Magic can be rebuilt in 2-3 years.

If Dwight has to go, I like this scenario much better than anything the Lakers or Nets have to offer- Bynum wouldn't be horrible however

Stephen A. Smith on First Take: Dwight Howard has said if not traded to Brooklyn, he'll play out his contract and walk there the next season as a free agent.

yea, welcome to 3 weeks ago SAS. Dwight doesn't have that kind of leverage though. He's gone.

Stephen A. Smith on First Take: Dwight Howard has said if not traded to Brooklyn, he'll play out his contract and walk there the next season as a free agent.

Stephen A. Smith says the next time he reports something credible, it will be the first time.

• Upvote 1

Dwight taking $3M per season is like me wiping my rear with gold- not going to ever happen

• Upvote 1

That isn't Dwight's decision. I'm confident he will be traded before the season without an extension.

Lol, for the MLE maybe but that’s the only way it happens Stephen, you douche.

would fans even want to see him on the court?

I'd rather tank the season... don't know about u guys

Nobody said disagreeing with a move makes you a bandwagoner. It is the people who act like they "are done" with the team or something if they make a move they don't like.

Thank you! I'm not going crazy. The point always was that if you say that "I am done" or "I am out" as has been posted is the problem. If you don't like a deal that has been done, then quit on the team, then you never really were a fan to begin with.

I feel Nets trade is pure smoke screen.

The fact is people at ESPN want this trade done with BRK so bad it makes everything seem urgent and like it's happening "this minute". I don't believe it is. No way this is the best deal for howard the NBA has to offer. I refuse to believe or accept that. Henny will get us a good deal one way or the other and taking Brook Lopez and late first round picks isn't it.