Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I'm not entirely sure just how exactly criticizing your team for making a really bone-headed move makes you a bandwagoner. And there are plenty on this board who have seen this team struggle to get wins in a way that Bucs fans from their first 2 seasons can look at and say "I know that feel, bro". Comparing the Magic's potential franchise-killing trade to Cleveland's situation is beyond absurd from my end. They ended up sucking really bad (because Lebron WAS the team), and got a top pick that they used to get another franchise player. We're looking at trading our star player for a bunch of guys who will probably make sure we suck just enough to miss out on a chance at a top pick, and we can't get picks from NJ, since they used up everything they had to get JJ.

We'll a middle-of-the-pack crappy Eastern team, which won't suck enough to get a top pick, but not be good enough to make noise in the postseason. This trade with NJ would be strong-arm robbery committed against the team I've followed for the last 20 years. As a fan, I have every reason to be pissed to see my franchise try to destroy itself. I'd rather let Dwight walk at the end of the year and get his 19mil off the books so we can bring in FAs than take on a crap load of really bad contracts and no good draft picks just to be rid of the guy. I hate Dwight as much as the next Magic fan, but this is seriously like hacking off an arm at the shoulder because you don't like the look of your pinky finger.

Trade is awful no way in hell Hennigan can be serious about this trade you don't trade the best big man in the game for a bunch of turds and future turds with late 1st picks this story has to be pure BS just to generate a buzz.

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

1 Source says of Dwight deal: "No idea why there's so much hype around this thing...To act like it's almost done is overblown"

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

My .02: there are various competing agendas out there trying to spin this Dwight thing various ways. use caution in what you believe.

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

And yes that goes for what u hear from me as well. I'm aware people trying to use me to suit their agendas. I just pass along what I hear

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

1 Source says of Dwight deal: "No idea why there's so much hype around this thing...To act like it's almost done is overblown"

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

My .02: there are various competing agendas out there trying to spin this Dwight thing various ways. use caution in what you believe.

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

And yes that goes for what u hear from me as well. I'm aware people trying to use me to suit their agendas. I just pass along what I hear

I really think it is. I mean if you just think about it the Nets gave away every expiring contract they had to Atlanta. They can no longer take on Hedo or Jrich in this trade, so do you really think a third team is just going to take on either of those bad contract for nothing? And where are these great picks coming from? The nets will have nothing but late first rounders, their sign and trade with Humphries isn't going to get anything good but maybe a late round pick (See Ryan Anderson sign and trade). I mean the Nets are out of assets, they have no solid picks or real ways to give us cap space anymore, really it's just Brooke Lopez and late round picks. High Way Robbery. is correct Hollinger.

I think the Nets would have to find...

1) a taker for Lopez for a future 1st round lottery pick + expiring

2) a future 1st pick of Marshon

3) a taker for Humphrey's one year deal? ---> who would wanna trade a pick and expiring contract for this... baffles me... most likely if the trade does down, Humphrey will stay in ORL instead of Lopez becuz of the expiring contract

4) then the Nets will give us 3 future 1st round picks which are garbage essentially? they should give us 5* 1st round picks for as long as Howard is going to sign the new deal for....

Cavaliers Beat Writer :

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ

While everyone is frothing at mouth over this 3-way trade, I keep hearing there isn't much to it on ‪#Cavs‬ end. Can only go by what I'm told

Just like on draft night how ‪#Cavs‬ were going up to #2, yet they never were very interested in that. It was CHAR trying to squeeze an offer

Until I'm told otherwise, I have to believe it's same thing here. Brooklyn/DH people are driving these rumors.

Something could ultimately get done, but from what I've been told by multiple people I trust, it won't be soon.

I'm not entirely sure just how exactly criticizing your team for making a really bone-headed move makes you a bandwagoner. And there are plenty on this board who have seen this team struggle to get wins in a way that Bucs fans from their first 2 seasons can look at and say "I know that feel, bro". Comparing the Magic's potential franchise-killing trade to Cleveland's situation is beyond absurd from my end. They ended up sucking really bad (because Lebron WAS the team), and got a top pick that they used to get another franchise player. We're looking at trading our star player for a bunch of guys who will probably make sure we suck just enough to miss out on a chance at a top pick, and we can't get picks from NJ, since they used up everything they had to get JJ.

We'll a middle-of-the-pack crappy Eastern team, which won't suck enough to get a top pick, but not be good enough to make noise in the postseason. This trade with NJ would be strong-arm robbery committed against the team I've followed for the last 20 years. As a fan, I have every reason to be pissed to see my franchise try to destroy itself. I'd rather let Dwight walk at the end of the year and get his 19mil off the books so we can bring in FAs than take on a crap load of really bad contracts and no good draft picks just to be rid of the guy. I hate Dwight as much as the next Magic fan, but this is seriously like hacking off an arm at the shoulder because you don't like the look of your pinky finger.

Nobody said disagreeing with a move makes you a bandwagoner. It is the people who act like they "are done" with the team or something if they make a move they don't like.

Cavaliers Beat Writer :

While everyone is frothing at mouth over this 3-way trade, I keep hearing there isn't much to it on ‪#Cavs‬ end. Can only go by what I'm told

Just like on draft night how ‪#Cavs‬ were going up to #2, yet they never were very interested in that. It was CHAR trying to squeeze an offer

Until I'm told otherwise, I have to believe it's same thing here. Brooklyn/DH people are driving these rumors.

Something could ultimately get done, but from what I've been told by multiple people I trust, it won't be soon.

Good stuff. That's the beauty of all of these "sources." The writers/news guys are trying to get information from all fronts. GMs, in general, do not give out information. So, when info DOES come out, it is usually from agents, players, or other hangers on. It is amazing that we ever here anything credible prior to an official press release.