Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I know the Jameer deal would break early as this was all but finalized last night after the Nash chip fell.. But a hint towards something I'll give you this much.. Jameers Decesion to stay in Orlando wasn't purely based off the Nash LA deal. He received info.. The same info I have last night that gave him the go ahead to stay in Orlando.

Dwight set to agree to extend with the Lakers and we trade him for Bynum?

I know the Jameer deal would break early as this was all but finalized last night after the Nash chip fell.. But a hint towards something I'll give you this much.. Jameers Decesion to stay in Orlando wasn't purely based off the Nash LA deal. He received info.. The same info I have last night that gave him the go ahead to stay in Orlando.

So that's why you're saying the Meer signing is in someway connected to your announcement. Lets just let it play out fellas.

Trufan,

How did Jameer Nelson hold any leverage whether or jot he knew of any pending deals? Reality says that Nelson was probably the 7th or 8th best PG available in free agency and would definitely not receive more than the MLE.

The Magic had all the leverage in the world not to give him as much as they did- dont forget cost of living and state taxes makes Nelson's deal even more lucrative when comparing contracts.

Uh oh. I'm starting to get a woody.

*irrelevant to other info still due

I will tell you this and I don't think it isn't obvious but it's true.. Jameer's theme is not "Chasing a ring" Jameer wants what is best for his family, and of course if he got a choice he would be on a championship team. He is a very very humble person. It's about Family with Jameer.

Don't take this as a comment that he's not championship caliber.. Just stating he's a true dude with a big heart.

*irrelevant to other info still due

I will tell you this and I don't think it isn't obvious but it's true.. Jameer's theme is not "Chasing a ring" Jameer wants what is best for his family, and of course if he got a choice he would be on a championship team. He is a very very humble person. It's about Family with Jameer.

Don't take this as a comment that he's not championship caliber.. Just stating he's a true dude with a big heart.

So that announcement is definitely coming at some point this afternoon?

So that announcement is definitely coming at some point this afternoon?

I have not spoke to my person of interest since 9am... At that point everything was still on track for today at some point. I'm not the source as its been said nor am I the management team finalizing the deal to say release the info..

Just take Jameer as a token of more..

Remember there is a lot of things that could happen or come out

No particular order..

JJ's contract status

Andersons Contract

Head Coach

Dwight status

Vet min contract

Any possible trades that can go down whether S&T or straight up trades...

Last year at the age of 30 JRich signed a four year extension for $25M. They had a capable replacement in JJ Reddick.

This year at the age of 30 Jameer signed a three year extension for $20M. They had an incapable replacement in Chris Duhon.

I definitely like the new gm better than the old one.

• Upvote 1