Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Yup - of all the options, the BEST one is talking it out with Dwight, getting him to re-sign, then taking HWNSNBU out into the ocean, lighting him on fire, and feeding him to sharks.

One thing about Bynum: hack-a-Bynum wouldn't work. He's a fairly decent free-throw shooter. I dunno, this is one of those cases where I wouldn't be unhappy if we did any of the following:

1) Kept Dwight and hopefully he signed an extension, but if not, just benched him and let him walk.

2) Traded Dwight for Bynum - that's about as close to a 1:1 trade as you get in this situation.

3) Traded him to the Rockets for whatever.

I guess I wouldn't be too upset as long as we either got solid pieces, expiring contracts, and/or draft picks. Obviously if we trade with the Nets, I'm coming down to Orlando to pee on RDV's lawn...

What if we don't trade him and he does become a free Agent....Would he be able to sign with the Nets next season? I mean, they've commited a lot of money to Dwill, JJ & GWall.. they could trade Lopez for cap space, but would it be enough to sign Dwight?

What if we don't trade him and he does become a free Agent....Would he be able to sign with the Nets next season? I mean, they've commited a lot of money to Dwill, JJ & GWall.. they could trade Lopez for cap space, but would it be enough to sign Dwight?

Pretty sure the Nets' cap is shot, but I'm hardly the board expert on that. I do enough accounting in my real job, I don't like to do it on my hobbies. I can't imagine they'd shoot themselves in the foot that hard, but I don't see how they could sign Dwight THIS year, which actually makes our chances at resigning him at least a possibility.

All depends on how many bridges have been burned.

Yup - of all the options, the BEST one is talking it out with Dwight, getting him to re-sign, then taking HWNSNBU out into the ocean, lighting him on fire, and feeding him to sharks.

You never give in, that's for sure.

Why are we rushing into something that can set us back for a long time. I say we keep talking to Dwight unless he wants out really bad and it can't be fixed.

According to Hennigan, he won't rush into anything...So I still call bluff on any "sources rumors" and I bet we end up trading him to some team that no one had on their radar.

Daniel gonna win a title before Dwight

The Thunder have emerged as a potential landing spot for Daniel Orton, according to sources.

Orton was drafted in 2011 by the Magic, but they declined their 12-13 team option on him.

Oklahoma City is looking for big man depth.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222036/Daniel_Orton_Receiving_Interest_From_Thunder#ixzz1zbE8SMLH

I think its about getting the best deal that the Magic can get this point... sadly its the Lakers...

But I really don't mind seeing the Lakers beating LeBron's ass with that lineup

I don't care how big of a dusher Lebron is, I'd cheer for him in a heartbeat if it came to the heat vs a lakers team with howard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure if this was posted but what are your guys thoughts on McMillan?

I still want Shaw or Malone.

I'd still prefer Malone or Shaw. And if we get Bynum, I'd most certainly think Shaw comes here as well.

Not a big fan of McMillan.

He's also had 3 knee surgeries. BIG risk.

After his surgeries he played 60 games last year in a strike shortened season, and averaged over 35 minutes a game.