Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Its not blackmail when he wants to be traded in the first place. I'm just saying, trying to sell him on the fact that big markets are cut-throat, and also the fact that he CAN win a championship in Orlando if he can wait just one year. If you can't sell him on that, you continue on with your plans to trade, or allow him to walk.

Ok, i guess II forgot to pur the LOL. I was just kidding.

Its not blackmail when he wants to be traded in the first place. I'm just saying, trying to sell him on the fact that big markets are cut-throat, and also the fact that he CAN win a championship in Orlando if he can wait just one year. If you can't sell him on that, you continue on with your plans to trade, or allow him to walk.

That, my friend, was sarcasm

You're exactly right,

It'll be crazy if Deron decides to shaft the Nets and sign with Dallas after all this trading went down with the Hawks.

I don't think that would be crazy; I'd be surprised if Deron didn't do something like that.

^Agree. Be patient and see what happens. Rob has done an amazing job so far for making sure the Brooklyn deal would not pan out. If we still had Otis we would have no pieces and garbage right now. Rob will do for this team what needs to be done. Just chill out and wait for our big move because when we do move I guarantee it will be big.

Agree. After all, NJ gave up their lottery pick for Gerald Wallace because they knew Otis was open to the deal involving Wallace.

time for him to take control of his own life, u can only blame ur friends for so long. i think me and most magic fans have already moved on from this guy.

Does any really think keeping him is still a possibility. I mean as a fan of the Magic I would be happy because with him we are a contender but I just don't see how this can all be fixed. Does anyone have ideas? Would hiring Shaw help? Its unreal how after all the Brooklyn talk, they went ahead and said FU to him.

Very possible. Look at the guy who coaches Dwight in the offseason, Hakeem the Dream. No one remembers how he essentially pouted for two years and acted like a whiny baby demanding a trade from Houston. Two years later he's an NBA champion and he spent the rest of his career with Houston. **** changes all the time. No break is unmendable.

Fact of the matter is we all want Dwight here. As much as we are mad at him, if he stays we will be over it by the time the season starts. I think Magic need to

A. Hire Brian Shaw fast

B. meet with Dwight again and talk about re-assessing the situation. Stan gone, Otis Gone, dreams of Brooklyn are nearly gone.

C. Tell Dwight to resign so we can make cap relief moves to be buyers next summer or if not resigning then tell him to open his list up to at least the Clippers so that we can land Blake in return.

• Upvote 1

Very possible. Look at the guy who coaches Dwight in the offseason, Hakeem the Dream. No one remembers how he essentially pouted for two years and acted like a whiny baby demanding a trade from Houston. Two years later he's an NBA champion and he spent the rest of his career with Houston. **** changes all the time. No break is unmendable.

Actually he ended up playing for Toronto too, but that is just nitpicking.

I don't think the two situations are as analogous as you present them.

The Rockets accused him of faking an injury, wouldn't allow his contract to be renegotiated (and it was very low for the caliber player he was), and Hakeem just cared about winning, none of this market bull.

There's still a chance in my opinion. Dude just said last week he loves Magic fans, and why would you want to help with the GM search or draft if you wanted to leave? Dwight just has bad people around him, I know he does. Everytime I make a point to him he can't answer it, he'll dance around it. And I haven't talked to him since the Johnson trade went down

The one point he could never argue is that his agent is hired to make him more money, make his reputation stronger, negotiate his agreements on HIS behalf and make his life happier. Well since his agent has been involved none of the above have happened in his favor. HWNSNBU has run the show and run it into the ground. He has only acted in his best interest and not Dwight's and yet he will stick his mitt out to get paid when this fiasco is through for better or worse..which to me looks worse. No critical decision vegan has made has been forthright or good....only botched and foolish. He needs to cut bait with HWNSNBU and save his reputation. It is the only solution that will save his valued reputation if it can be saved. Throw HWNSNBU under the bus and drive away fast. He will look like he has matured if he simply says I was getting bad advice and my agent was acting inappropriately and not in my best interest so I've fired him and am going a new direction.

Okay, even with all my talk about loyalty to Dwight while he wears the Magic jersey, if he's BOUND AND DETERMINED to leave...

Trade him to Toronto.

Or Vancouver.

Yes: I know Vancouer doesn't have an NBA team. Or don't trade him anywhere and move him to the D League for a year.