Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Give me Kendall Marshall all day... pure PG, smooth game and is big PG, 6'4 - 195

Plus probably the best passer. Hoping for him as well.

No one on ESPN, Bucher and Broussard included, think we are going to make the trade with the rockets. I agree with them. I think Henny is going to do everything he can to keep D12 here. Question is, what will he do? I think we start by getting an athletic PG, who can get the the rim, in tonight's draft.

I agree with this, I don't think Houston can pull it off...

I mean seriously... they are offering Lowry and the 16th for the 5th? only a dumba$$ would take that deal

unless they throw in Scola + 16th for 5th and chuck hayes... then we have something to talk about

lowry +12th for 8th

Then... Houston trades... 5th, 8th, 18th, KMart, shawn livingston, Jon Brockman, cash

for...

Howard, Duhon, QRich

This was posted late last night by John Hollinger:

Another day, another trade by the Houston Rockets. In another move for draft-day positioning, Houston sent Samuel Dalembert and the 14th pick in Thursday's NBA draft to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th pick and three reserves: guard Shaun Livingston and forwards Jon Leuer and Jon Brockman.

Houston has definitely ventured into the "taking risks" territory with this move. Minus Dalembert, the Rockets are without a starting center and have no certain means of getting one (although obviously all of that is moot if they can parlay their growing asset stockpile, which also includes picks Nos. 16 and 18 and two first-rounders from last year, into a trade for Dwight Howard).

Nonetheless, they were never intending to keep Dalembert, which is why his contract was guaranteed for only $1.5 million this season. In return the Rockets get three players who count a combined $5.3 million against the cap if they keep them. While Livingston and Leuer are useful, underrated reserves who got lost in a deep Milwaukee rotation, each can be waived to create more cap room.

It's worth noting that the Rockets now have five non-guaranteed contacts on their books, and by waiving all five and renouncing Marcus Camby and Courtney Lee, they can create $14 million in cap room at the snap of a finger. This space is most likely to be used in a trade, not in free agency -- they could take on Hedo Turkoglu from Orlando, for instance, as part of a Howard deal.

And while Livingston can't be put in another deal until late summer, Houston can trade him alone as a side deal to a blockbuster -- one obvious example is for Orlando's Chris Duhon, because their salaries match up and Livingston's deal is guaranteed for only $1 million. Moreover, there doesn't appear to be a "guarantee" date on Duhon's deal, which means the Rockets will have this option open for as long as they need it this summer.

In a vacuum, I like this deal a little bit better for Milwaukee. But this deal wasn't done in a vacuum. The Rockets are accumulating high draft picks with a bigger end-game in mind. Thus far, they've surrendered a starting center and a productive wing to get there, and we may not know if it was worth it for a while yet.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8105087/nba-houston-rockets-stockpiling-picks-big-trade

• Upvote 2

Orlando needs to draft well tonight and by draft well, I mean make a splash. This team needs so much help at SG, SF, and PG that is is funny. The only two positions that are solid are C and PF and to be honest that is not going to win us a championship. We need a legit starting SF and a legit starting SG. Sadly those two things will not be available when we get our pick. The thing that may be available is Wroten and I would trade my second round draft pick and a future second rounder to get him...as some people are projecting him to go in the second round. So we need to draft a solid SG, the problem is to do that we have to go up in the draft by like 6 spots to get Ross. Ross is solid, will he be a star? Probably not, but in a pick and roll style offense he would be quite the stud.

I don't think that is a bad deal for Sacto. They don't need anymore young guys on that roster. A guy like Lowry who is a worker and a hard nosed guy could get those guys organized and make that team better.

Isn't this one of the worst draft classes in recent memory? And we are talking about accepting Houston garbage picks for a Top 3 established player in the League?

ONLY if he doesn't want to stay, and I am not even sure it is a good offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Isn't this one of the worst draft classes in recent memory? And we are talking about accepting Houston garbage picks for a Top 3 established player in the League?

ONLY if he doesn't want to stay, and I am not even sure it is a good offer.

It's one of the better drafts in terms of depth, but one of the weaker in terms of franchise type talent. Its a good draft to be picking 19 when you need pretty much everything outside of a PF...assuming we keep Rhyno