Babir_9

2012 Offseason

@Chris_Broussard reports Rob Hennigan wants Detroit's Scott Perry as asst. GM. The two worked together in Seattle in 2007/08.

Postups: Listing the best executive free agents on the market

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/18472570

Scott Perry, Pistons' VP of basketball operations: A finalist for the SuperSonics GM position that ultimately went to Sam Presti, Perry remains highly regarded despite the Pistons' downward spiral. He's done a solid job running the Pistons' draft, is a strong leader and has the people skills to handle the administrative side of the job -- from dealing with agents and fellow executives to serving as a sounding board and middle man between players and coaches. That's where Perry's experience as a college coach (head coach at Eastern Kentucky and assistant at Michigan, Cal and Detroit-Mercy) is a real asset. Colleagues say he compares favorably to Bucks GM John Hammond, who he replaced in the Pistons' front office, in terms of both style and substance.

I don't see Perry leaving Detroit. It's his hometown and he loves the Pistons and Dumars. Though he did work with Hennigan in 07-08 with the Sonics, I don't think that 1yr stint is enough to break the bond/commitment/loyalty he has with Dumars & the Pistons.

Glad to know Henny is working to fill out his staff.

For those who want to hate on Dwight; there is a REASON that EVERYONE is being fired from the Otis/Stan era. And it's not just to appease him; it's because they were doing a crappy job.

Gentlemen this is how you make a statement! As Ive said 100 times before you let the axe swing fast and fall hard on the bad employees who arent doing a good job. They become examples and dont drag down other employees with their laziness and ineptness.Congrats to Henny for having a pair! The former regime SHOULD NOT have been kept on and fired immediately after the season ended. Kudos to Henny so far now if he can only swing a Duhon for Durant trade...after all their last names both start with the same two letters. Isnt that enough.

IAMAGM.com ‏@IAMAGM

Rockets in trade negotiations with Kings (#5) and Raptors (#8), Kyle Lowry in play, desire is to draft Andre Drummond

Since Houston was one of the teams willing to "rent" Dwight, anybody feel like they may be trying to get Drummond to send to us as part of a Dwight deal?

For what it's worth, the same guy who told me Stan was being fired and Otis' decision wasn't made (remember Otis quit after Stan was fired) told me today he still thinks Dwight's staying and Josh Smith is on his way over at some point.

Again, grain of salt, but he's come through once so I'm enclined to trust him somewhat.

IAMAGM.com ‏@IAMAGM

Rockets in trade negotiations with Kings (#5) and Raptors (#8), Kyle Lowry in play, desire is to draft Andre Drummond

Since Houston was one of the teams willing to "rent" Dwight, anybody feel like they may be trying to get Drummond to send to us as part of a Dwight deal?

I hope not. I'm definitely not sold on Drummond

For what it's worth, the same guy who told me Stan was being fired and Otis' decision wasn't made (remember Otis quit after Stan was fired) told me today he still thinks Dwight's staying and Josh Smith is on his way over at some point.

Again, grain of salt, but he's come through once so I'm enclined to trust him somewhat.

And how credible do you think that guy is? Legit question.

And how credible do you think that guy is? Legit question.

Very. A lot of the stuff Dwight told YBR about Stan and players matches 100% what I've been told. Guy's got a near perfect track record that expands beyond NBA. He says it's not written in stone that Dwight's staying but the feeling from the guys he talks to (other NBA players and executives, not entourage guys) believe Dwight is staying and Josh is coming.

Very. A lot of the stuff Dwight told YBR about Stan and players matches 100% what I've been told. Guy's got a near perfect track record that expands beyond NBA. He says it's not written in stone that Dwight's staying but the feeling from the guys he talks to (other NBA players and executives, not entourage guys) believe Dwight is staying and Josh is coming.

Well I hope that's the case. Would love Josh here.

Coming here as a FA in 2013? Or coming here this year via trade? I just can't see Atlanta trading with us, and they seem to have a higher opinion of Smith than most teams and therefore a massive asking price. Just curious if he specified.