Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Otis has made multiple blunders....breaking up the finals team, bringing in soft washed up Vince Carter, Drafting Fran, letting Barnes walk, signing Duhon, bringing in and resigning Richardson, trading our big man Gortat for trash, and Gilbert Fing Arenas (injured for a longer deal). How in the world could this be defensed or excused? What other Company could you lose millions of dollars and jeep your job? How come you keep defending this guy?

Why do people keep thinking breaking up the finals team was bad? Hedo's contract was up and he needed to be paid so getting rid of him was the smart thing to do. Vince Carter came off a 20/5/5 season in which many thought he was an all-star snub and the team got Ryan Anderson. Even though Vince and Rashard declined rapidly in 2010, that team was still superior overall; they just ran into a healthy Celtics team.

• Upvote 1

Why do people keep thinking breaking up the finals team was bad? Hedo's contract was up and he needed to be paid so getting rid of him was the smart thing to do. Vince Carter came off a 20/5/5 season in which many thought he was an all-star snub and the team got Ryan Anderson. Even though Vince and Rashard declined rapidly in 2010, that team was still superior overall; they just ran into a healthy Celtics team.

That was the last years we had serious defense at the guards (C. Lee and Rafer). Since then every guard in the league blows past ours and Dwight has to leave his man to help out. Even though Vince scored alot every one knew he was soft defensively. I don't blame him for not overpaying Hedo but then he traded back for him anyways. Its just the constant overpaying old players to long contracts. Instead of having the patience and foresight to clear space for another legitimate all star.

That was the last years we had serious defense at the guards (C. Lee and Rafer). Since then every guard in the league blows past ours and Dwight has to leave his man to help out. Even though Vince scored alot every one knew he was soft defensively. I don't blame him for not overpaying Hedo but then he traded back for him anyways. Its just the constant overpaying old players to long contracts. Instead of having the patience and foresight to clear space for another legitimate all star.

Um, who benched Rafer in the finals?

Um, who benched Rafer in the finals?

And you don't think Otis had a say in that, Otis was Jameer's biggest fan from day one. I think that decision came from Management, Stan is too hard headed and stubborn to want to change something if it's not broke. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

The front office and everyone else might "want" to win championships but ARE THEY CAPABLE AND COMPETENT? Last time I checked trying doesnt win you a championship either. It might get you a ribbon for effort in 5th grade but this is the billion dollar big time not the 100 yard dash in elementary school. Spending money on Gil, oversigning Rashard, dumping our best piece for contracts and players no one even wanted might be trying but it is just incompetent loss of focus bumbling which has us bent over like Hypatia Lee in a sweating with the oldies video (sorry about this analogy).

I don't blame Dwight at all for running out of patience with our foolishness and foot dragging. Come on BVW drunk dialing him? It is a bunch of clowns running a bunch of clowns and if he complains we have a bunch of clowns some clowns here complain he is a clown. Did anyone follow that? This franchise needs to be tactfully and smartly run and it just hasnt been top to bottom for a long time if ever. To blame the one guy who has carried the load is not appropriate. If this franchise wants a title they better quit clowning around and bring in some real basketball minds not janitors turned gms.

+1 and this could be one of my favorite posts of the year.

I'm just kind of tired of all this talk around the Magic (players AND front office) lately about "playing as hard as they can," and As for effort and try as best you can and all this that and the other. Yes, but that's only half the battle! The other half of the battle is playing SMART and coaching SMART and running the franchise in a SMART way. This my friends was the most major issue, from top (Otis) to bottom (Duhon).

Heart and hustle can only get you so far without the brains to back it up.

Based on YBR's posts, Dwight DOEs HAVE some valid concerns, Dwight knows the organization In and Out, the things that have come out how they treat the draft like a joke....it shows the F.O is not on the ball.

Management has to show him they are going to bring in good people that have a PLAN like Otis who NEVER did

Don't his parents want him in Orlando too? Who would look out for your best interest more than your parents? If his heart is here and his family thinks he should stay you'd think this would be easy.

It's not that easy when you hire people who you think are paid to do what's best for you....his management are soley looking at money....but money does not buy happiness....winning championships, however do.

Anybody interested in Tyreke Evans? i have a friend who is a kings fan and told me Evans could be a moveable player. It seems the kings and evans could be heading towards a divorce with thomas being the point guard; throton and fredette at the two. He is still young and won ROY two years ago be he has gotten worse each season.

Anybody interested in Tyreke Evans? i have a friend who is a kings fan and told me Evans could be a moveable player. It seems the kings and evans could be heading towards a divorce with thomas being the point guard; throton and fredette at the two. He is still young and won ROY two years ago be he has gotten worse each season.

I have so much interest in Reke, I really hope we would be able to sign him, he's phenomenal and underrated.

Alex,please sign Tyreke!

I have so much interest in Reke, I really hope we would be able to sign him, he's phenomenal and underrated.

Alex,please sign Tyreke!

That will not be happening as he is under contract next season. I do not think I would like him (nor would we be able to acquire him). I do not think he has the greatest work ethic, he has had on court and off court issues. I would really like to not have any cancers on the team... You can't teach work ethic or hustle, and those are the contributions I would like the players we look to bring in have. We have to just slowly start to shred away the bad grapes. Dudu, Turk, Jrich. This is where Walsh would be an excellent person to bring into the organisation.

Right, but it seems he didn't start acting like this until he got with Dan HWNSNBU in 2010. I feel he seriously messed up his image by listening to HWNSNBU and others this year. Even if he stays his image has been damaged

True, he can't unring the bell on what's happened during the past year. But, if he re-signs in Orlando, and allows a new COMPETENT GM and new coach 1-2 years to reshape the roster with a quality team around Dwight, his image will be forever repaired because the Magic will win and Dwight will have been proven right; i.e., that the management we had was not good enough to build a championship team. THAT would be Dwight's best scenario to win and restore his image.