Babir_9

2012 Offseason

All he wants is a championship team. He still believes til this day that one of the worse mistakes we made is tear apart that Finals team. He's 26 and doesn't want to spend his prime somewhere where there's no direction or not taking a championship run seriously. IF they got Monta or CP3, or a star like that he would have been signed. 8 years and who has he played with??

That's why he's the way he is. Look at the teams playing now in the playoffs. The star players have help and an organization with a vision. What have the Magic been known for? Shaq, TMac, and now dwight have all said something similiar about this organization. He loves the city, loves the fans. Problem comes with how the franchise is being run. That all being said he's STILL having doubts about leaving. He didn't have to opt-in regardless what rumors are saying. He genuinely loves you guys and reads all his mentions and checks his facebook page.

If we get Monta, Coach Shaw and all the free chicken mcnuggets he wants...will he stay? XD

RT @christomasson: JSloan interest in Magic: “Yes, I think so. It would be very intriguing. But they would have to be interested in me.’’

RT @christomasson: JSloan interest in Magic: “Yes, I think so. It would be very intriguing. But they would have to be interested in me.’’

Definitely interesting

All he wants is a championship team. He still believes til this day that one of the worse mistakes we made is tear apart that Finals team. He's 26 and doesn't want to spend his prime somewhere where there's no direction or not taking a championship run seriously. IF they got Monta or CP3, or a star like that he would have been signed. 8 years and who has he played with??

That's why he's the way he is. Look at the teams playing now in the playoffs. The star players have help and an organization with a vision. What have the Magic been known for? Shaq, TMac, and now dwight have all said something similiar about this organization. He loves the city, loves the fans. Problem comes with how the franchise is being run. That all being said he's STILL having doubts about leaving. He didn't have to opt-in regardless what rumors are saying. He genuinely loves you guys and reads all his mentions and checks his facebook page.

Hedo wanting a ton of money that he didn't really deserve is what forced the moves after the finals year. Those were the right moves. By not saddling ourselves with the awful contract he wanted we opened ourselves up to the possibilty of continueing to contend while having the flexibility to fix things if it didn't pan out....AND THEN OTIS COMPLETELY UNDID IT IN ONE FELL SWOOP.

If Otis doesn't make that PHX move then we would have been able to stay in contention and reload.

• Upvote 2

YBR, there are no known roster moves, in the world, possible for us to make that will make us more competitive. Especially with whatever coach we can talk into taking the job with our star player once again involved with trade rumors. Or whatever GM we can convince to take over this roster of unholy talentless ball-boys-randomly-picked-to-pretend-to-be-basketball-players. This organization is now circling the toilet and will continue heading down the tubes like an enormous turd, as long as we let one man hold us hostage. And we can't even threaten him with some kind of trade ultimatum, because he wants out anyways. Even if we trade him, we're doing HIM the favor, not us. And no team is going to give up a lot when they know either A, he won't re-sign with them, or B, any team that he would be willing to go to with a S&T, could just pick him up next offseason once his contract expires. Isn't this great? Good thing we canned the most successful coach we've ever had. We are so awesome.

What would keeping Stan have done? win championships? Its not gloom and doom whether Dwight stays or goes. Weve been here before. Cap space gets better towards 2013. If you convince Dwight to stay he convinces stars to come as free agents. If he's gone you have space in 2013 to add MORE talent to the team already

He's a great coach that has trouble dealing with the younger players. I don't see how that works out well.

It might seem stupid but it is not very hard for a multi-billion dollar owner to provide his star a private jet. Sure to the working man like us it seems ridiculous but athletes are ridiculous. Just because you get him a jet doesn't make him a bad person. Hell if my company would spring for a private jet I'd take one everywhere too.

YBR tell Dwight if he stays I will get him a private jet. I know a guy who knows a guy.

You really want me to tell him that? or are you playing, haha

Yes to this! Jerry Sloan is old school but knows basketball.

Jerry may have some issues relating to the new generation, but he consistently puts a quality product on the court.

Totally agree... I think you guys underestimate veteran guys would be willing to take less to contend with D12 just like Jalen Rose said the day he opted in??

• Downvote 1