Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I don't see how the Rockets can say no to a Ryno for Lowry swap. I mean there's literally not been a more balanced trade in NBA history.

Kevin McHale finally gets his white American big man and the Magic finally get a nice point guard to cover for declining Jameer.

I don't see how the Rockets can say no to a Ryno for Lowry swap. I mean there's literally not been a more balanced trade in NBA history.

Kevin McHale finally gets his white American big man and the Magic finally get a nice point guard to cover for declining Jameer.

because Lowry is a better asset

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

As of late Friday, the #Orlando #Magic had not asked the #Lakers for permission to interview GM Mitch Kupchak.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

#Magic fans should monitor Larry Bird's situation w/ #Pacers. If Bird retires, Donnie Walsh would prefer the #Pacers.

As a side note I saw Otis in Lake Mary today at Burger King I was going to harass him but he seemed busy with putting the fries in the hot oil baths. One of the high school kids working there said theyve all gotten "substantial" raises and arent really expected to work. One kid told me he now has a seven figure salary for the next 5 years...go figure.

When asked throw out the day old batch of leftovers, Otis refused to do so and was heard to comment: "I really like these fries"

Lets be honest though, we would've drafted some scrub who Otis would've paid 6 million too. Fran saves us money.... in a really bad, awkward, annoying way.

Agree. The 2005 draft class was horrible. Chris Paul, Deron and Bynum were picked in the top 10. Fran was drafted at 11 and the only 2 good players left after 10 were Granger and David Lee. The chances of us picking one of the those 2 was none.

If Fran wasn't available at 11, Otis would have drafted Sean May, who if I'm not mistaken is retired due to injuries, but Otis would have probably signed him to a Grant Hill type of deal before getting injured.

**Edit**Monta Ellis and Gortat were picked in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NBA_Draft

I hadnt thought of that permutation. Further in 7 years would have also had to trade our first rounder and some talent to get the unworthy 6 million dollar contract off the books. Which means most likely we would now be trying to unload that player he traded the 6 million dollar scrub for (most likely a 12 million dollar 4 year contract for another overpaid scrub...see JRich) right now. Good call?

As a side note I saw Otis in Lake Mary today at Burger King I was going to harass him but he seemed busy with putting the fries in the hot oil baths. One of the high school kids working there said theyve all gotten "substantial" raises and arent really expected to work. One kid told me he now has a seven figure salary for the next 5 years...go figure.

Uh.

Were you exaggerating on purpose there? J-Rich makes 6 million. Heck, even Hedo "only" makes 10 million per.

Uh.

Were you exaggerating on purpose there? J-Rich makes 6 million. Heck, even Hedo "only" makes 10 million per.

J Rich makes 6 but Hedo makes almost 12

Agree. The 2005 draft class was horrible. Chris Paul, Deron and Bynum were picked in the top 10. Fran was drafted at 11 and the only 2 good players left after 10 were Granger and David Lee. The chances of us picking one of the those 2 was none.

If Fran wasn't available at 11, Otis would have drafted Sean May, who if I'm not mistaken is retired due to injuries, but Otis would have probably signed him to a Grant Hill type of deal before getting injured.

**Edit**Monta Ellis and Gortat were picked in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NBA_Draft

The odds of us selecting Granger were hardly that remote. Most mocks and experts thought we would take him.

If Nelson opts out and signs somewhere else, and Anderson gets an offer that Orlando doesn't match, the Magic cap goes from $65M to $54M. Assuming the $1M options of Wafer and Orton aren't picked up, that puts us at $52M. If the cap is $58M, does that mean Orlando can only offer a contract up to the cap, plus vet minimums? We would not be able to offer an MLE, correct?

For the amount of money available, we're probably looking at Hinrich, Felton, or Andre Miller to replace Nelson, and vet minimums to fill out the roster.

Please, please, please whoever our GM is, go get Iguodala. If you put shooters and a dominant big around him, he'd be a 14-8 player with elite perimeter defense.