Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

We can still cut them next season, right?

no after next season

duhon and hedo are here all for next season for sure (unless we're able to dump them). the same summer dwight becomes a free agent. we'll be able to waive hedo and duhon, but 7.5mill of their salary will still count against cap even though they're gone.

so in 2013 summer assuming dwight is going to resign with us and we haven't made any trades we'd for sure have

dwight ~20mill

jrich ~6mil

bbd ~6mil

ghost of hedo ~6mil

ghost od duhon ~1.5mil

qrich has player option he will surely take~3mil

jameer will be free agent - re-signed? currently 8mil - $$??

redick will be free agent - re-signed? currently 6mil - $$??

ryan anderson will have been decided the season prior, but if we resigned him $$?? people are guestimating 6-9mil?

so add that up and we're guaranteed to have at least almost 40 mil cap hit if we waive hedo and duhon, 43 mill if q rich picks up his option, 51 mil if we re-sign jameer to same exact salary, 57 if we sign redick to same exact salary, 63mill if we match a 6mill offer for anderson...

so that'd be 63 mil for 7 people actually playing.

we have to make shrewd moves and dump some salary this summer/next year, but now that dwight opted in this becomes more realistic as hedo and duhon are "essentially" exprings and there are only 3 years on bbd and jrich after this season. qrich is always filler, but he has a trade kicker on his contract.

otis/martins still have a lot of work to do

Depending on draft position, we should flip Jrich and this years 1st rounder for future 1st rounder. Free up cap space and stock picks to make move for Jsmoove/ellis/iggy.

Doesn't Pheonix have our 1st this year?

Well if Dwight resigns after another free agent in 2013, we can go over the cap (luxury tax will be a ***** though). I don't think we would resign Jameer for 8.5 mil a year or JJ for 6.5 a year. I think Jameer could be our Haslem, take a pay cut to play his role and remain with the team. JJ is a toss up, I would love to see him retire in a Magic uniform but we gotta be smart. Same with Ryno, we can't afford to overpay, especially if Harper can step into his role.

Big goal is to move Hedo, Duhon, or Jrich. Give BBD one more year before we throw the book at him, he may develop into a solid defender/rebounder in our rotation once we get a backup center.

Dwight can always take a pay cut, as well. If he signs for 16-17 mil, that's just enough off the top (with other guys getting less to stay with the Magic) to land us a big FA if we play our cards right with Hedo, Duhon and JRich.

I think Meer, JJ, and Ryno would all be willing to take a cut to keep playing for the Magic since they all expressed a desire (JJ and Ryno mostly) to finish out their careers here in Orlando. But, that all depends on what they are feeling from Dwight when the time comes.

Right now, the focus should be getting deep into the playoffs this year to make Otown the place to be come 2013. Shed some contracts over the next year (maybe add some picks to sweeten the deal) and get a backup 5. I'm just glad we have another year to do this and not just another 2 months.

Dwight wouldn't be at 20 mil for his first year under his new deal. I'm pretty sure if the cap stays at 58 which I'm not sure it will, but his first year will be around 17.4. Basically we'll need to make moves still to get rid of our dead weight. In 2013 we would have cap holds of about 21 million from Nelson and Redick. I think we could sign Jameer to about 5 mil a year and Redick possibly the same as his last contract where he was overpaid a little due to the demand. So say 13 Mil for the both of them. If we don't get rid of Big Baby or Jason Richardson, another 12.6 mil brings us to 55. All of our moves are determined by these 2 that we signed last season. If we decide to release our holds on Jameer and Redick, plus get rid of Baby/Richardson then we're at approximately 30 mil (Getting Anderson at 8 mil) without our picks this year or anyone else we sign. We could potentially add a max player or 2 players that are close to max players and then fill our roster with minimum contracts.

The three moves we need to make before the end of the 2012-2013 season, the first 1 has two parts equally important:

1A. Trade Hedo/Duhon in a package (They are essentially expiring since neither are guaranteed their full contract the following year) for anything really. I would think Charlotte might be willing if we trade them those two for Magette (Expiring next season) if we throw in a pick or two.

1B. Fire Otis Smith, bring someone else in preferably a guy in the OKC camp but that's just my opinion.

2. Move Richardson and/or Big Baby -- Easier said than done, but I still feel Big Baby is talented and plays hard every time he's in and Richardson is basically signed about a million over a MLE type contract. Some teams might be looking to upgrade their 2 spot and Richardson could do that for a couple years.

3. Re-sign Anderson, or Sign and Trade him for something worth it. -- Anderson's one of my favorite Magic players and I would not want to lose him, however I can understand not spending anything close to 10 million for him. If we can sign him for 8, then by all means sign me up. He deserves that, but overpaying for him is not something we should do.

My take on what we should do with Ryno is based on whichever free agent we're really targeting. If we go after Josh Smith, then Ryan becomes expendable and should be involved in a sign and trade. Our system would obviously change bringing a guy like Smith in and I just don't see Ryan fitting in there...JJ becomes a priority to retain in that situation. If we target Iguodala or Ellis then I think Ryno becomes the priority and JJ becomes expendable and we'd still be able to run our 4 out 1 in style of play.

Regardless, if Ryan is going to run us at 8 mil a year or more we don't need to be matching.

Refresh my memory please...didnt otis have the option this year to extend ryno? How come he didnt do it?

Ryan is worth much more to us than other teams. Ryan with us is rashard lewis. Ryan with other teams is vladamir radmanovic or steve novak. Don't pay him what he's worth to us, pay him what other teams see as acceptable value for him. He's restricted so we can match any offer he gets. Its smart to use rfa rather than bid against yourself

Ryan is worth much more to us than other teams. Ryan with us is rashard lewis. Ryan with other teams is vladamir radmanovic or steve novak. Don't pay him what he's worth to us, pay him what other teams see as acceptable value for him. He's restricted so we can match any offer he gets. Its smart to use rfa rather than bid against yourself

Great post. Agree 100%, ?.