Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

A Special 10k Post, Tuesday Edition of Case Of The Mondays: Who is DoM hating now?

This is an issue of perception vs. reality.

Ellis is believed to be the best player for the Warriors, but he isn't. Curry and Lee are both more productive players than Ellis, and every single advanced metric backs that up. Again: the Warriors are 3 points better per 100 possessions this season when Curry isn't in the game.

Neither do you, making this statement unnecessary.

But he PLAYS in the role of their BEST player hence his shot attempts. Advanced stats do NOT account for being able to score off the dribble, 1 on 1, and getting into the paint, which is something the magic DO NOT HAVE

But he PLAYS in the role of their BEST player hence his shot attempts. Advanced stats do NOT account for being able to score off the dribble, 1 on 1, and getting into the paint, which is something the magic DO NOT HAVE

Tough dilemma. But if we gut the team for this, then we will start to miss the efficiency of certain players like Redick and Ryno. I'm mixed about this. Patience is Dwight's best friend, but his lack of it makes me want to just trade him and get us pieces. The trade that could land us Melo and Chandler should be considered. Melo may flourish with Stan as coach.

Tough dilemma. But if we gut the team for this, then we will start to miss the efficiency of certain players like Redick and Ryno. I'm mixed about this. Patience is Dwight's best friend, but his lack of it makes me want to just trade him and get us pieces. The trade that could land us Melo and Chandler should be considered. Melo may flourish with Stan as coach.

but players like JJ and Ryan, are exactly the type that get shut down by the more athletic teams, like the hawks

Statistics can back up some points. But stats do not tell all the story.

You don't know how he will perform here. Having the best C in the league surely will open up spaces for him. In a quality player, open spaces = better FG%.

I will not talk about Monta, given that i haven't seen him enough to make a statement about his game. I don't know how he plays defense, and i am not sure this trade would be beneficial for us.

But basing all analysis in stats is plain dumb. You have to WATCH him play and see his style on the court.

But basing all analysis in stats is plain dumb. You have to WATCH him play and see his style on the court.

well of course that's true, but who has the time to watch every single game and make analysis that way? I don't even think NBA teams go that far. There is simply too much cost and not enough benefit to do that.

that's why stats like PER and others were created.

When did the assumption on this forum become "if you use stats to back up your position, you have not watched the games themselves". Is this some strange alternate universe where you can't possibly watch a player, make an assumption about his game based on your observations, and then look to the statistical evidence to see if your position is supported?

• Upvote 2

Really only one question. Why do you re-post the original message in it's entirety to ask such a simple question? Are you trying to punish us?

Didn't realize I did that. My bad.

I love reading your posts and I understand your frustrations.. I've always wondered why your posts had so much character and now I get it... I really miss your case of the Monday's as I miss the fan voice blog by LOD...I also miss deshawns mystery meat but that just me.