bobbywatson1

Possible Trades!

1st off I am new to the forum. I've been a diehard Magic fan for about 12-13 years and I'm from New York. Let me know if creating a new thread like this is against forum policy cause I know it's like that with other sites. Other than that let's see what you guys think are potential good deadline deals for The Orlando Magic!

I worked this one out on ESPN trade machine (except for draft picks) to make sure the salaries were correct and I read rumors about these teams being involved so here it is:

Orlando - Milwaukee - Golden State

Orlando Receives:

Monta Ellis - SG (Offensive Playmaker this team needs, especially if we want to convince Dwight to stay)

Stephen Jackson - SG/SF (Bad Contract that the Bucks would like to get rid of)

Milwaukee Receives:

Ryan Anderson - PF (Pairing Anderson up with Ilyasova and having Jennings running the point would make this a very dangerous shooting team)

JJ Redick - SG (Another good shooter, comes in to replace Jackson and is a little cheaper)

Andris Biedrins - C (Has some potential, could be a solid backup or even take over as starting center)

Golden State Receives:

Andrew Bogut - C (They get a very solid center they've been looking for and get rid of Biedrins who hasn't worked out for them)

Hedo Turkoglu - SF (Not a great contract, but I can see he becoming a playmaker on this team playing with Curry and Bogut)

1st Round Pick in 2012 from Orlando (This is just to sweeten the deal to ease the pain of losing Ellis)

- Orlando benefits by bringing in an offensive playmaker that this team has needed for years and hopefully this helps convince Howard to stay.

- Milwaukee benefits by bringing in Anderson, who is becoming a legitimate NBA starter and an excellent 3-point shooter. They also get rid of a bad contract in Stephen Jackson.

- Golden State benefits by bringing in a top 10 Center in the NBA in Bogut, along with acquiring a playmaker in Hedo and a 1st round pick.

Let me know what you guys think!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just as am fyi we normally keep trade discussions like this to the stickied threads at the top of the main page here.

I've noticed this and I can't for the life think of one reason why you'd want all trade talk in one giant thread......It's impossible to find the trade you're looking to read/contribute to 30 seconds after the news (or rumour) breaks......

Take today for example, GSW - ORL - NOH/MIL trades being rumoured but the thread is 88 pages long and I've looked through 10 of them to find mention of Ellis....

It's a really dumb system, too dumb for such a great forum.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to just create a Trade forum, or even rename or put them in Around the NBA/Globe Game?

Yes, because 95% of all threads must be in the Dwight thread or on another page entirely.

It's all in one post because it was becoming clear most of the ideas were: 1) completely unrealistic, 2) had been done before ad nauseum, 3) were by trolls, 4) some combination of the previous three.

It's nothing on you, but there's only so many times you can see a new thread titled "Fantastic trade idea!" open it up to find a link to the ESPN trade machine and, sure enough, someone's traded Hedo for Ellis, or some such.

Just easier to put it all in one post and let people dig if they want to see it.

Welcome to the boards, though - if Dwight checks out, we'll need all the fans we can get.