Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Suns might make a play for Diener

quote:
Travis Diener: A backup in Orlando, Diener is another small point guard with few defensive skills, but he has excellent court vision and a strong jump shot. Instead of looking for that bigger guard who makes the Suns tougher, here

quote:
Travis Diener: A backup in Orlando, Diener is another small point guard with few defensive skills, but he has excellent court vision and a strong jump shot. Instead of looking for that bigger guard who makes the Suns tougher, here

What is bad is that if he is offered a deal where he is promised some Playing Time, maybe as a backup, he will go there. Why stay in Orlando as the fourth option..or really sitting in a suit.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

What is bad is that if he is offered a deal where he is promised some Playing Time, maybe as a backup, he will go there. Why stay in Orlando as the fourth option..or really sitting in a suit.

I think that if the Magic do actually offer for him and sign him, like Otis has said he'd like to do, It would be with the stipulation that he would see time here - So really I think thats irrelevant -

Id package him up, like MrC says though...But then we would need to get another PG somewhere. I think his services will come pretty cheaply compared to what we can get out there... and thats all this team needs..is a poor mans Nash, a role player at PG...

Jameer and CA will not both be in Magic Uni's next year... and if that does happen, be ready for another crap season at the point.

Like majority of the baord has been saying throughout the year, Travis is our best pure point gaurd. I just hope Otis and Stan see it this way too.

How much do you give a guy who has barely played?

$3.5m over 2 years. I don't know?

Remember guys, SVG coached Dwyane Wade. DWade played with Diener in college. I would HOPE that Dwyane would have talked about Diener maybe a little bit? I know that they kept in touch over the phone, and play each other in the offseason (where DWade said Diener has won a couple of games).

I just hope that SVG knows about Diener through DWade.

Never thought about that relationship with relevance to Gundy!

Wouldn't doubt that he'd give Wade a buzz to find out a little bit about the guy.

Wade raved about Diener not long ago (think it was during last year's playoff run). I still say a backcourt of Travis and JJ would work pretty well, especially with a frontcourt of Darko and Dwight.

We only need a good SF and Ariza might fill that role. Jameer coming off the bench, a few role-players? Championship, here we come!

...I might be a tad optimistic.

I would love to see Travis play but remember, SVG is very close to Dooling. He'll most likely secure most of the backup minutes, with Carlos being distributed some as well.

Man, what do we have so many PGs?!