Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Is Ryan Anderson part of the solution or trade bait?

Tough question. I think he is part of the solution. No guarantee Dwight will stay after this year if we decide to keep him this year. Trading for an "old" piece (Nash) is not solution. We MUST get younger and we MUST shed bad contracts (Hedo, Duhon, J.Rich). The team looks great after the win vs. The Heat. Even the loss to the Clippers shows we still have heart.

Must convince Dwight it's best to remain a Magic. Lakers have pompous Kobe. New Jersey is a worse situation. My only fear now is Dwight going to Dallas. Cuban has been smart with his assets, and they have money to offer next season.

BUT ... please please please ... Ryan is part of the solution. He is not trade bait, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2

IMO, Ryan is only "part of the solution" if you have a dominant big down low that can force double teams. He's my favorite player, but his offensive game is pretty reliant on how good his teammates are.

Aside from scoring, he's a beast on the glass and a decent defender. I also see him as being a great guy to have in the locker room.

Trade bait.

My favorite part of this post is the amount of depth it has.

I think that Ryan Anderson's value is much higher than what it would be with any other team. Atm I would prefer to keep him just because I think any drastic trades to try and keep Howard here will be more detrimental than good. He is still very young and can continue to grow.

Unless Ryan could land us a player that would convince Dwight to stay, I'd say keep him.

He's only 23, he's a good rebounder (although at least some of that is due to teams focusing on Dwight), he's a good scorer. The dude has TONS of upside.

If we're going to lose Dwight anyways, I'd want to hang onto Ryan and JJ, being the two players we have with the greatest upside. If there's a chance to keep Dwight, everyone's expendable.

Love him.

On a side note, in these times of b****in' and frownin', Ryno has been a reminder of the early Dwight days; smiling, fun-loving, giving out positive energy.

Gortat and MP had that too but they're not around. Hedo used to (insert shakeweight emoticon), but it looks gone these days.

Ryan in ORL or :panicworker:

Ryan is the perfect stretch 4 to play alongside Dwight and could become an All-Star by next season if we can convince Dwight to stay.

Our problems are where they have always been at SG and SF.....we are simply too old/too slow to defend here with not many options to improve the situation.

I believe Anderson is a complement to Dwight. It would almost seem more worthwhile to include him in a Dwight trade to maximize return. But it is just so difficult with his rookie scale contract-he would just get lost in the transaction.

I would like him on this team long term but only at a discount from what 6'10" shooters and rebounders tend to get in this league.

Ryan is the perfect stretch 4 to play alongside Dwight and could become an All-Star by next season if we can convince Dwight to stay.

Our problems are where they have always been at SG and SF.....we are simply too old/too slow to defend here with not many options to improve the situation.

Iggy or Ellis would be perfect, but at what cost? Iggy is not too popular in Philly. I wonder if a Meer to Philly for Iggy and/or some combination that go with that is possible? Probably not, especially since Meer has dropped off in productivity and they don't need a PG. Now, would we be willing to lose Ryno for Iggy? Tough call. Ryno is so young and may not have reached his ceiling yet ...