Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

How can we get J Rich back to form?

He used to play so well for the Suns. I wonder why? He's a key to this team. Why is it that anytime a player goes to the Magic (Carter, Richardson) they get worse? Could it be that a team needs a true court general to get players like Carter and Richardson better looks? Mmmm.

Crucify me.

He used to play so well for the Suns. I wonder why? He's a key to this team. Why is it that anytime a player goes to the Magic (Carter, Richardson) they get worse? Could it be that a team needs a true court general to get players like Carter and Richardson better looks? Mmmm.

Crucify me.

He doesn't look or play aggresive. I really hoped that when he arrived he'd attack the rim more, but he's become complacent with his shot in a system that will allow him to do so.

He doesn't look or play aggresive. I really hoped that when he arrived he'd attack the rim more, but he's become complacent with his shot in a system that will allow him to do so.

I agree. But this "inconsistency" has always been there with Jameer. As the saying goes: As Jameer goes, so goes the Magic. Well I'm done with waiting for that "spark". This team needs someone who can be relied upon on a CONSISTENT basis. A true court general. If Dwight is traded, I play devil's advocate and I say trade Jameer too. I'd rather keep Hedo than Jameer IMHO. Jameer brings NOTHING to the court anymore. A good game here and there and vanishes for the next 2-3.

Oopps. Sorry I know you meant J Rich. My point is: We don't have a Nash to pass to J Rich. J Rich flourished in a system that allowed him some sweet passes for the lay in. Our team doesn't push the ball enough for him to flourish in this system. I agree with you.

Oopps. Sorry I know you meant J Rich. My point is: We don't have a Nash to pass to J Rich. J Rich flourished in a system that allowed him some sweet passes for the lay in. Our team doesn't push the ball enough for him to flourish in this system. I agree with you.

Yeah I just think he's become complacent or caught up with the system, one or the other. He's extremely athletic and I wish he'd create mall when he gets the ball in his hands, but I don't know.

Well we could get a time machine.

No we can't. That would really have come in handy with Vince. Can you say "championship"? I can.

can't. Another in a long list of players who decided to hit their sharp decline as soon as they suited up in blue and white.

He's a 30+ year old player. The problem isn't playmaking or consistency. The problem is father time and the Magic's infatuation with acquiring players that are on the wrong side of their playing peak.

He's a 30+ year old player. The problem isn't playmaking or consistency. The problem is father time and the Magic's infatuation with acquiring players that are on the wrong side of their playing peak.

And much like VC, explosiveness was a big part of his game, so his game isn't aging gracefully.