Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Thank you, Carmelo Anthony

I can't agree. If Dwight opts-in and waits another season, the Magic will have plenty of cap-space in 2013 which is a pretty solid FA year. The Bulls will be strapped with that Boozer/Noah frontcourt and as Wade ages, the harder it'll get for the Heat.

This. Once hedo's, jameers, duhon, jj and qrich contracs is due; we can go for another superstar. This is in 2 years. Thats the year that lebron is again a free agent if i am not mistaken.

We have better future if D12 stays

I can't agree. If Dwight opts-in and waits another season, the Magic will have plenty of cap-space in 2013 which is a pretty solid FA year. The Bulls will be strapped with that Boozer/Noah frontcourt and as Wade ages, the harder it'll get for the Heat.

It's hard to believe anything Dwight says right now because it's probably stuff his agent told him to say...he really contradicts himself when he says he wants to win and then puts NJ on his wishlist. As much as I want Dwight to stay, it just seems he doesn't has enough patience right now. Perhaps that will change depending on how the Magic do in the playoffs. It doesn't look like we're going to be trading him anytime soon, especially with our recent success. Magic owners should just let this season play out and allow Dwight to excercise his free agency rights to make the decision in the offseason. I'd just hate for the Magic to jump the gun and trade him with the slight possiblity that he might stay. Once he's traded he's gone, but if the Magic continue to succeed then it should be considered that he will give it another go in Orlando. Even if the chance is small, I'll take it.

The Bulls and Heat are ahead of us right now and their future looks better. I don't think we can definitively say whether staying is Dwight's best chance to win a championship. I personally don't see it happening here any time soon.

We r a lot closer than you may realize. One all star PG away from contending with those guys. Deron to Orlando would make us as formidable as the other 2 teams you just mentioned. The emergence of Ryan and JJ this year has made us more competitive, but to obtain Deron may cost us Ryan. I believe a D12 and Deron combo with an already decent surrounding cast and an excellent coach in SVG are ingredients for dynasty. Tony Parker is also not that old yet. If Duncan retires this year, Tony Parker could be looking to go to a contender like the Magic. I'm more afraid of the Bulls. Lebron will always be cursed. Karma's a *****.

It's hard to believe anything Dwight says right now because it's probably stuff his agent told him to say...he really contradicts himself when he says he wants to win and then puts NJ on his wishlist. As much as I want Dwight to stay, it just seems he doesn't has enough patience right now. Perhaps that will change depending on how the Magic do in the playoffs. It doesn't look like we're going to be trading him anytime soon, especially with our recent success. Magic owners should just let this season play out and allow Dwight to excercise his free agency rights to make the decision in the offseason. I'd just hate for the Magic to jump the gun and trade him with the slight possiblity that he might stay. Once he's traded he's gone, but if the Magic continue to succeed then it should be considered that he will give it another go in Orlando. Even if the chance is small, I'll take it.

Agree. Plus Orlando has the advantage: extra $30 million and no state luxury tax. Money talks. Good team. And lots of FA options as someone mentioned earlier. We have a good core of youth after Hedo and J Rich. Good coach who prepares his team. NJ has bad coach, bad supporting cast. Lakers have awful coach and an aging supporting cast.

D12 is leading in All Star votes as an ORLANDO MAGIC. Dwight is smiling a lot more. He and Big Baby have this Bromance going on. Meer is starting to turn around. I think we'll be competitive this year. Swagger's back since we lost Wince.

The Magic are now third in the standings NBA. I can't believe this team is still contending despite the drastic roster changes and player exchanges. Who would have thought that players such as Jonathan Redick and Ryan Anderson would raise the bar or even break their ceilings? The way the roster is looking now, players are beginning to flow with the system and others such as Glen Davis, Von Wafer, and Chris Duhon are.

This brings us to Dwight Howard following players. First off, he shouldn't be following their advice. Dwight Howard is his own man and should follow his own path. After all, he should want to be a leader and not a cub in training. Reality is not twitter.

Why...why does he want to leave? Is Orlando that bad of a place to live that its worth losing in another horrible city and fan base to head out of town? Are you not blessed with enough wealth? I mean.....you got the best arena in north america built? Is that not enough of a accomplishment and now you want to leave it leave your castle?

I don't know whats wrong with this guy?!

The Magic are now third in the standings NBA. I can't believe this team is still contending despite the drastic roster changes and player exchanges. Who would have thought that players such as Jonathan Redick and Ryan Anderson would raise the bar or even break their ceilings? The way the roster is looking now, players are beginning to flow with the system and others such as Glen Davis, Von Wafer, and Chris Duhon are.

This brings us to Dwight Howard following players. First off, he shouldn't be following their advice. Dwight Howard is his own man and should follow his own path. After all, he should want to be a leader and not a cub in training. Reality is not twitter.

Why...why does he want to leave? Is Orlando that bad of a place to live that its worth losing in another horrible city and fan base to head out of town? Are you not blessed with enough wealth? I mean.....you got the best arena in north america built? Is that not enough of a accomplishment and now you want to leave it leave your castle?

I don't know whats wrong with this guy?!

I thought you summed it up pretty well there. I'm really hoping that D12 is using this as a tactic to force Otis to make moves. D12 says management didn't listen to him before, they are listening now. I hope.

When the Heat maxed out Dwyane Wade, it was the one contract that I felt the Heat were going to regret (most thought it would be Bosh). I think the injuries we're seeing with Wade are the beginning of the end for him. His game relies so much on his explosiveness and willingness to get hit in the paint (and fall down at the first brush, of course). I think the Heat will be strapped with a chronically injured Wade that they cannot trade and will be left with LeBron, Bosh, and scraps. Sure, most franchises would be tickled pink with that, but I'm not sure it is enough for a title.

What's sad is, I don't even know if Carmelo even cares. As long as he gets to play in a "big market" like NY and create a "bigger brand" for himself, he's a happy guy. I really hope Dwight isn't like that. We have a good thing in Orlando, and I feel like it's going to get better in the years ahead if Dwight sticks around.

When the Heat maxed out Dwyane Wade, it was the one contract that I felt the Heat were going to regret (most thought it would be Bosh). I think the injuries we're seeing with Wade are the beginning of the end for him. His game relies so much on his explosiveness and willingness to get hit in the paint (and fall down at the first brush, of course). I think the Heat will be strapped with a chronically injured Wade that they cannot trade and will be left with LeBron, Bosh, and scraps. Sure, most franchises would be tickled pink with that, but I'm not sure it is enough for a title.

I agree with you here LOD... However i think that the "Big 3" were thinking the NBA is a bunch of pushovers that once we three join force its not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, but 7 championships was gonna be easy. The NBA disparity in talent is not that big of swing from MIL to CHA to MIA.

I think that if we can make it to the Conference Finals or even to the Finals, Dwight will stay.

Luckily we can't expect any major injuries from the Man of steel, Dwight Howard. What genes does he have????