Soul Bro

The Trade Target Thread

low-risk high reward with beasley, but I have no idea how he'd fit with the team.

Ridnour is good, he's had an underrated career IMO. I like him off the bench. From what i've seen he plays smart.

no your ok mate. leave our team how it is if ur gonna want LUKE RIDNOUR.

jameer is better then ridnour.

This is not the same Jameer we're used to. I would love Nash right about now.

So you still think Meer is better than Ridnour?

Meer got outplayed and outhustled by a 2nd year no name PG.

Have you actually watched Ridnour play? Ridnour is a solid passer, doesn't turn the ball over much and can hit the 3 at over 37%

Meer has been just rubbish this year. Part of the deal i suggested would be getting Beasley who we know can score, and moving Jrich would give JJ the starting spot

Looking at the rosters for the other teams here is a list of point guards that I believe we could reaslistically get for a fair price the play as a starting PG:

Devin Harris- Utah

Luke Ridnour- Minny

DJ Augustin- Charlotte

Jose Calderon- Toronto

Andre Miller- Denver

Mo Williams- LAC

Jarret Jack- New Orleans

Now I don't know about all of you but not many of those names standout to me as massive upgrades over what we currently have with Jameer. Without breaking this team up (and even then it would be difficult) I can't see us making a competitve offer for one of the top tier points guards in the league (e.g. Deron). So my suggestion is this, we persevere with Jameer and we look to other areas of the team we can improve. I suggest that instead we start to hunt for bench players who can give us more energy at the PG and SF spots (something we are clearly lacking). Here are a few names I can think of that we might be able to get relatively inexpensively that could help us as a PG of the bench:

Will Bynum- Detroit

Shaun Livingston- Milwaukee

Jordan Farmar- New Jersey

Tony Douglas- New York

Jerryd Bayless- Toronto

Goran Dragic- Houston

Isiah Thomas- Sacramento

Now while most of these guys have some sort of problem (e.g. size, turnover prone, shot selection etc.) they at least have the possibilty of giving us a spark of the bench (which is something that Duhon doesn't see capable of doing). Some of these guys (e.g. Bynum and Douglas) are or will be buried down the order of their current teams that have depth at the PG spot which means we might be able to get them for less than we would would otherwise. At the end of the day I can't see this team going deep in the playoffs with JJ as its only consistent energy player off the bench. I don't think our PG play can get much worse than it has been so I think the time is right to take a small risk on a player with lower value rather than hoping for a Nash trade which would blow up most of our current team.

Here are a few trade ideas:

Will Bynum

Shaun Livingston

Jordan Farmar

Toney Douglas

Jerryd Bayless

Goran Dragic

Isiah Thomas

Looking at the rosters for the other teams here is a list of point guards that I believe we could reaslistically get for a fair price the play as a starting PG:

Devin Harris- Utah

Luke Ridnour- Minny

DJ Augustin- Charlotte

Jose Calderon- Toronto

Andre Miller- Denver

Mo Williams- LAC

Jarret Jack- New Orleans

Now I don't know about all of you but not many of those names standout to me as massive upgrades over what we currently have with Jameer. Without breaking this team up (and even then it would be difficult) I can't see us making a competitve offer for one of the top tier points guards in the league (e.g. Deron). So my suggestion is this, we persevere with Jameer and we look to other areas of the team we can improve. I suggest that instead we start to hunt for bench players who can give us more energy at the PG and SF spots (something we are clearly lacking). Here are a few names I can think of that we might be able to get relatively inexpensively that could help us as a PG of the bench:

Will Bynum- Detroit

Shaun Livingston- Milwaukee

Jordan Farmar- New Jersey

Tony Douglas- New York

Jerryd Bayless- Toronto

Goran Dragic- Houston

Isiah Thomas- Sacramento

Now while most of these guys have some sort of problem (e.g. size, turnover prone, shot selection etc.) they at least have the possibilty of giving us a spark of the bench (which is something that Duhon doesn't see capable of doing). Some of these guys (e.g. Bynum and Douglas) are or will be buried down the order of their current teams that have depth at the PG spot which means we might be able to get them for less than we would would otherwise. At the end of the day I can't see this team going deep in the playoffs with JJ as its only consistent energy player off the bench. I don't think our PG play can get much worse than it has been so I think the time is right to take a small risk on a player with lower value rather than hoping for a Nash trade which would blow up most of our current team.

Here are a few trade ideas:

Will Bynum

Shaun Livingston

Jordan Farmar

Toney Douglas

Jerryd Bayless

Goran Dragic

Isiah Thomas

Goran Dragic is good

If we could somehow get Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis, I think we would have a great shot at a championship. Stephen Jackson would give us some of that toughness we are lacking and he could guard the better wings. If we are facing Miami he could guard Lebron and Monta could try his best on Wade but it would be hard for Wade to stop Monta so they would cancel each other out. I just think if Otis really wanted to keep Dwight, he could get something like done.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82ucrs9

JJ would be replaced by J-Rich and pick one of the pgs mentioned above maybe Andre Miller

• Upvote 1

If somehow we're able to keep Dwight, I'd love to aim at getting Harden to be his wingman. They'd be a perfect match.

Agreed... Harden is a very good SG, good defense and can create his own shot (when he has too). OKC's roster is loaded now with some hefty contracts, which means someone will eventually leave the nest... Come on down to Orlando Harden.

***repost from another thread, it would be more suited here.***

as much as i hate knicks fans, the idea for dwight/hedo/whoever else for amare/chandler/whoever else is pretty tempting.

first of all, van gundy could use amare/chandler way more effectively than dantoni could use diwght so a quick turn around to championship is basically impossible from the knicks standpoint.

second of all, the whoever else part of that trade could change the course of our history, if we're going to lose the most dominant big man in the nba, you might as well replace him with a huge line up that in the right hands could yield a championship.

our big man rotation would be chandler/amare/davis/anderson/clark, at this point you'd run anderson at the 3 so clark would be the young and very athletic 4, it's very important that we keep clark in a situation like this. the magic have a tendency to send their good athletes packing, and it's very aggravating to watch when we keep the guys that can't play defense as well, then we wonder why we have an early playoff exit. this big man rotation under the right coach could be one of the best we could offer post dwight.

the 'whoever else' part of that equation is very important, if the knicks are starry eyed enough to receive dwight howard, maybe we could then take shumpert (sp?) away from them. sending jameer in the deal, or even sending duhon/redick in the deal. i'm not one for proposing insane lopsided trades, but the knicks aren't very smart considering their history, i have a feeling that they would do something this stupid to get dwight, they basically sent alot of their young talent to denver to get carmello, you might as well ask if we're going to be sending dwight somewhere.

our potential end roster?

chandler/amare/anderson/j rich/shumpert

davis/clark/q rich/jj/wafer

everyone else and duhon.

and yes in my dreamworld i'd throw wafer into any defensive/offensive situation instead of duhon.

considering the other options, this seems to be one of the best post dwight situations.

our major loss other than dwight? we send jameer and hedo, they do basically run the offense, but to tell you the truth, our offense would have to change, chandler isn't going to score 20 a game, amare is, and he isn't doing it all the time with his back to the basket, our shooters would give guys like amare and chandler space to work, and we'd have to include the somewhat transparent 'take it to the hole' game we have now, to which this is where shumpert would come it.

he seems problematic, a shoot happy pg that doesn't want to pass the ball. but he is incredibly gifted, it wouldn't be the magic's future but his own that would be intertwined if you could sit that kid down and show him the system he could be buying into, penetration and pass, he could yield 10 assists per game and an unknown amount of steals if he just concentrated on these two things... but the trick would be convincing him of that.

well i've talked long enough, this is just my two cents on the situation, i personally don't want anything from the lakers, the clippers, the mavericks, and the nets. and i don't want to be trying to figure out what this current team would look like minus dwight, at that point i hang up my magic gear, letting him go for nothing after ample warning of his intentions is just moronic. so were most of our trades after the finals run but that's in the past now, we can help do something for the future, we should do it.

If we could somehow get Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis, I think we would have a great shot at a championship. Stephen Jackson would give us some of that toughness we are lacking and he could guard the better wings. If we are facing Miami he could guard Lebron and Monta could try his best on Wade but it would be hard for Wade to stop Monta so they would cancel each other out. I just think if Otis really wanted to keep Dwight, he could get something like done.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82ucrs9

JJ would be replaced by J-Rich and pick one of the pgs mentioned above maybe Andre Miller

DO you think Monta Ellis for Jameer + orton (or whoever probably they would want anderson) is a good deal?? Would he have had better success against the celtics defense? I dont even know if monta has great handles...

DO you think Monta Ellis for Jameer + orton (or whoever probably they would want anderson) is a good deal?? Would he have had better success against the celtics defense? I dont even know if monta has great handles...

I would love that, but Jameer + Orton would never ever ever happen.

• Upvote 1