Sign in to follow this  
Hanaway

T-Mac: "Dwight's going to Dallas in free agency - you heard it from me 1st"

Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApgNjpOnhTJLzXGfU6eJWca8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_tracy_mcgrady_dwight_howard_nba_122811

Lol, coming from the same guy who asked to be traded because we didn't want to draft Emeka Okafor.

“I can’t see him coming [to New Jersey],” Tracy McGrady told Yahoo! Sports late Tuesday inside the visiting locker room at the Prudential Center.

“If it’s just Dwight and D-Will, he’s better off just staying in Orlando. You want to go to a team that’s championship caliber, and just him and D-Will won’t get it done. There’s got to be other pieces around to make it look sweet.”

In the most awkward game of the young season, the depleted Nets play the Magic on Thursday night in Orlando. The Nets’ Brook Lopez is out several weeks with a broken foot, and the starting five and bench surrounding Williams is beyond brutal. The Nets have gutted themselves for the cap space to re-sign Williams and sign Howard this summer, entrusting the franchise’s future on the belief they will secure the best center.

It’s so hard for players to visualize a different day for the Nets, a Brooklyn arena that still is under construction. And so much easier to make a case for the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks and an owner, Mark Cuban, who is fully engaged in the championship chase. After watching the Nets offer no resistance to the Hawks in a 106-70 dismantling Tuesday night, T-Mac’s vision of Howard’s future had been further validated in his own mind.

“D-Will is from Dallas,” McGrady said. “You’ve got Dirk Nowitzki there. They’re going to have [cap space] there. That looks sweet. Dirk. D-Will. And then you get Dwight Howard. That’s it, right there.”

“I’ve been watching Orlando play, and I think they let it go too far – to where they can’t compete for a championship,” McGrady said. “Dwight’s going to find a sweeter spot for him next year with him being a free agent, with D-Will being a free agent, and Dallas already having an established star there. Yup, Dallas.”

And then he laughed and said, “You heard it from me first.”

Why was there a lockout? If teams are still able to pull this crap off what was the purpose? I thought what happened in miami wasnt supposed to happen again.

Why was there a lockout? If teams are still able to pull this crap off what was the purpose? I thought what happened in miami wasnt supposed to happen again.

It's funny because Cuban was one of the owners that *****ed the most.

There's a thread for this kind of stuff.

There are 2 actually

somebody call the thread police

• Upvote 1

There was a lockout to get player salaries down. That's it. The NBA never had any interest in limiting player movement.

And the NBA ain't going to veto any trades or signings. After the Chris Paul saga, they only had the excuse that the Hornets were owned by the NBA. Could you imagine them vetoing Howard and DWill to Dallas?

T-Mac didn't ask to be traded because we drafted Dwight over Okafor.

That said, T-Mac is a punk beyond all belief, and I really don't give half a crap about what he thinks, nor do I lend him any credibility.

I don't see it. Dallas has a payroll of roughly 44.5m next year, that's without Odom (he has an 8.2m team option) or Terry, who's a FA. Even without Odom/Terry I don't see how they can afford both Williams and Dwight. Regardless, the only reason I can see Dwight going there would be to have an owner like Cuban, which is ridiculous considering our owners are just as willing to spend. Dirk probably only has another season or two of elite play left in him after this season, and after him there's not much left on their roster.

They also have yet to use there amnesty.

If they used the amnesty on Haywood they could get down to around 33million and then could pull off some trades to move their last few pieces not named Dirk.