AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

What is the point in signing JR Smith when we have Von Wafer? Someone explain this to me.

Upcoming trade involving JRich and JJ and/or Wafer for, say, Ellis or *gasp* Deron?

What is the point in signing JR Smith when we have Von Wafer? Someone explain this to me.

JR Smith and Dwight have been friends for a long time....Von is apparently on Stan's sh*t list, and if we are trying to make a big trade to keep d12 JJ or Jrich will have to be included

"The Knicks and Clippers have been the odds-on favorite for Smith, but Hoopsworld reports the Orlando Magic "may have emerged as a leading suitor" for the guard. That seems odd as they already have Jason Richardson and J.J. Redick under contract."- ESPN Rumors

ESPN Rumors

Interesting.....

Upcoming trade involving JRich and JJ and/or Wafer for, say, Ellis or *gasp* Deron?

I'd hate to lose JJ, but if we landed Ellis or Deron, it would be worth it. I'd hate to lose BOTH Anderson and JJ and the fact THAT rumor keeps popping up makes me real nervous.

Worst case scenario is that we trade JJ and Anderson, land some dude to "keep Dwight," Dwight leaves anyway, and we're stuck with an ancillary player and no up-and-coming players....

"The Knicks and Clippers have been the odds-on favorite for Smith, but Hoopsworld reports the Orlando Magic "may have emerged as a leading suitor" for the guard. That seems odd as they already have Jason Richardson and J.J. Redick under contract."- ESPN Rumors

ESPN Rumors

Interesting.....

As well as JRich has played in the last couple games, I'd MUCH rather trade him than JJ. League's leading FT shooter stays on our team? With OUR free throw shooting? Yes please.

I'd hate to lose JJ, but if we landed Ellis or Deron, it would be worth it. I'd hate to lose BOTH Anderson and JJ and the fact THAT rumor keeps popping up makes me real nervous.

Worst case scenario is that we trade JJ and Anderson, land some dude to "keep Dwight," Dwight leaves anyway, and we're stuck with an ancillary player and no up-and-coming players....

Hopefully Dwight is communicating his true intentions to the Magic management, and we won't wind up with the worst scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happens. Only time will tell.

I say it makes little sense. I'm not a huge fan of bringing ellis here. If Dwight is upset about not getting touches now then, hello world. If we ever used the pieces we had the sg position wouldn't be an issue. I'm all for sending JRich for another piece but, a back up C and giving Ish the back up spot are where I'd like to see focus. Get Duhon and the Rich boys out for a back up C and we will see some considerable changes.

My season ticket holder friend who knows some mid-level personnel in Magic organization said JR Smith is being heavily recruited by Magic. There may be truth to ESPN rumors. He also said getting Deron here has become a priority. Whether or not this means D12 has turned the corner I dunno. Just a little pearl. Until something officially happens, I will hold my breath. But a shift has happened this week. I hope Dwight makes a public announcement recruiting Deron to Orlando soon. Any rumors on NJ's end about Deron's desire to play there or anywhere else?