AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

That win now type of management is what is going to run Dwight out of town, it is unfortunate the idiots at the top haven't realized this.

You're smoking some serious **** if you think JR Smith is somehow going to sway Dwight one way or another. He is also not a serious upgrade from JJ. JJ plays hard and smart every night and gives us good efficiency. Smith would probably give us a few more explosive nights, but he would give us a bunch of duds too without the intelligence and effort that Redick brings to the floor every night.

Sorry, but spending more money to replace JJ Redick of all players is one of the last things we should be worried about.

Nope, never said that JR would sway Dwight into staying..... I said that getting JR would give us another option of perusing another talent that could help us keep Dwight.As of right now, our roster isnt that good which im sure you could agree on. So we need help anywhere we can get it.

I like J.J Redick, but unfortunately he struggles against bigger defenders which right now all the top teams have.J.J is a solid role player, and nothing else.

Nope, never said that JR would sway Dwight into staying..... I said that getting JR would give us another option of perusing another talent that could help us keep Dwight.As of right now, our roster isnt that good which im sure you could agree on. So we need help anywhere we can get it.

I like J.J Redick, but unfortunately he struggles against bigger defenders which right now all the top teams have.J.J is a solid role player, and nothing else.

If we sign JR, don't we have to wait a certain period of time before he is traded? I'm not 100% on that rule.

JR Smith is nothing more than a solid role player either. He is capable of some big nights and nice plays, but he puts up a lot of duds too. He is nothing but a hit or miss scorer. He is a better Von Wafer pretty much. It just isn't really worth it for us right now.

Besides, there is no reason for him to pick us over a situation like the Clippers. They are the new "hip" team, he has a connection with CP3 who is recruiting him and with Billups done for the year he will have a big role. I don't see Dwight on the phone recruiting him anyways, why would he recruit him to come here when he himself is trying to get out? Dwight has never been much of a recruiter for free agents, the only one I can remember Dwight really convincing to come here was Matt Barnes.

• Downvote 1

If we sign JR, don't we have to wait a certain period of time before he is traded? I'm not 100% on that rule.

JR Smith is nothing more than a solid role player either. He is capable of some big nights and nice plays, but he puts up a lot of duds too. He is nothing but a hit or miss scorer. He is a better Von Wafer pretty much. It just isn't really worth it for us right now.

Besides, there is no reason for him to pick us over a situation like the Clippers. They are the new "hip" team, he has a connection with CP3 who is recruiting him and with Billups done for the year he will have a big role. I don't see Dwight on the phone recruiting him anyways, why would he recruit him to come here when he himself is trying to get out? Dwight has never been much of a recruiter for free agents, the only one I can remember Dwight really convincing to come here was Matt Barnes.

We would keep JR and trade some one else as part of a package. Maybe JR is a role player, but he is a better role player Statistically than JJ or Von. Would be great if we could get rid of JRich.... but his contract is big for a 31yr old.

However your right, there is no reason for Smith to pick us over the Clips.... The West is wide open for the taking... Where the East is stacked with competition.

Great news!!! The Suns are as close as ever to trading Steve Nash. I have said this before. If we could get Nash on this team to go along with Dwight and Anderson, our team can make a deep run in the Playoffs this year. Yes he maybe 37, but he still leads the league in assists. Dwight has never had a pass first point guard (rafer?), so this would be great if Otiz can make some Magic (pun).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218970/Source_Suns_Closer_Than_Ever_To_Making_Nash_Available

• Upvote 1

Great news!!! The Suns are as close as ever to trading Steve Nash. I have said this before. If we could get Nash on this team to go along with Dwight and Anderson, our team can make a deep run in the Playoffs this year. Yes he maybe 37, but he still leads the league in assists. Dwight has never had a pass first point guard (rafer?), so this would be great if Otiz can make some Magic (pun).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218970/Source_Suns_Closer_Than_Ever_To_Making_Nash_Available

Yes and please. I would have a Steve Nash jersey the next day.

Indiana and Atlanta both lost last night, bouncing us into 5th (tied with Atlanta). We could go into the AllStar break in the top 4 again, which seemed unthinkable after we threw up that 50-pointer in Boston.

Philly comes to town tonight and we have a chance to gain some ground on them. While it looks like Miami and Chicago are out of reach (and, realistically, are better teams), I don't think the Magic hitting the #3 spot is unthinkable.

Everything's coming up Millhouse!

Indiana and Atlanta both lost last night, bouncing us into 5th (tied with Atlanta). We could go into the AllStar break in the top 4 again, which seemed unthinkable after we threw up that 50-pointer in Boston.

Philly comes to town tonight and we have a chance to gain some ground on them. While it looks like Miami and Chicago are out of reach (and, realistically, are better teams), I don't think the Magic hitting the #3 spot is unthinkable.

Everything's coming up Millhouse!

I agree, I think that if we can keep playing well we could easily be a 3 or 4 seed. Sign JR Smith (dwights friend), trade a package including JRich or JJ for a pg & maybe dwight will reconsider....