AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I'm up for that... I just assumed it would be Hedo or Ryno, and both are playing well.

I don't want Mayo unless we give J-Rich, Meer, or bench trash.

If the Nets were in serious talks for him, the price can't be too high

I hear a lot about OJ Mayo, but I honestly don't know much about him. How good could a young guy like that be if Memphis is willing to just give him away? Is there a real reason he can't seem to get minutes on a team that isn't exactly sporting a thoroughbred in front of him?

Once again, Glen Davis is a championship team glue-guy. Plays defense, hits shots, drawing charges and running all over the floor. Also great team mate and screen setter.

Brandon Bass? Chucker who does everything to contradict himself from being a team player.

I hear a lot about OJ Mayo, but I honestly don't know much about him. How good could a young guy like that be if Memphis is willing to just give him away? Is there a real reason he can't seem to get minutes on a team that isn't exactly sporting a thoroughbred in front of him?

A couple of years ago, OJ came into training camp wanting to play more PG because he felt that was his natural position. He played it in Summer League and didn't do particularly well so Hollins said he's not playing PG while on his team. Rumour has it OJ didn't take it very well.

Then last season he got demoted from the starting line-up, got suspended and had the fight with Tony Allen so he's pretty much worn out his welcome, it seems. I don't think he and Hollins get along particularly well and some say his D is lacking, which doesn't help his cause.

I see him as a low risk option to see if he still has the potential he showed in high school and college. I think he is the kind if player the SVG could really bring the best out of. Ideally, I'd have him split the SG minutes with Redick and backup Jameer at the point.

According to two witnesses, Davis was leaving the court after pre-game warmups and headed through the tunnel to the visiting locker room when he brushed past the autograph seekers. As he moved past, according to those present, a jilted autograph seeker turned heckler shouted, "You'll be out of the league in five years!"

--------------------------------------------

According to Daniels, and one other witness, Davis said: "Who said that? You talking (bleep) to me?!"

Daniels said Davis mistakenly believed he was the heckler and said to him: "This is why I don't sign autographs," and "Who are you anyways, a nobody. I just got paid, didn't I?"

Sources: Nets to deal Deron Williams if Dwight Howard is traded to the Lakers According to Marc Stein from ESPN.com

This team is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. A couple moves need to be made because we have too many players, mainly at the 2 and we need a 5 but we dont need to start rebuilding or making blockbuster trades to be competitive. We need defense and consistent scoring. We have a good team SVG just doesnt have it set up right. This is how I would set the team up right now (after firing Otis).

C - Howard, Orton

PF - Anderson, BBD, Clark

SF - Turk, Harper (i dont understand how he is a PF, we have too many and we need a backup 3 that can score, he would be better than either richardson playin the 3, and he is just like lewis and lewis should have been playing SF also), Q

SG - J-Rich, Redick, Wafer

PG - Nelson, Liggins (he can pass, play hard D, and slash to the basket, he needs playing time, he is just like pietrus except he can pass), Hughes (split minutes with liggins)

Not 2 bad but wayy too many guards and nobody really knows there roles or even real positions. I dont want to trade anderson or redick, especially now, but thats the only way we can get anything done. So with keeping Howard in mind I have my top 5 trade options (not in order) that I would like to share that I think are pretty realistic and we could pull off.

1. Trade Anderson, Redick, Orton, and a 2nd rounder if we need 2 to Houston for Lee and Thabeet

C- Howard, Thabeet

PF - BBD, Clark

SF - Turk, Harper, Q

SG - Lee, J-Rich, Wafer

PG- Nelson, Liggins, Hughes

Trade Q and Duhon for whatever expiring we can get

2. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xom79j

C - Howard, Darko

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Beasely, Turk, Harper

SG- J-Rich, Liggins, Wafer

PG - Nelson, Hughes, Duhon

3. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6o8nhxa we throw in a future 1st and this years second or whatever we need to to get it done

C - Howard, Beidrins

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Turk, Wright, Harper

SG - J-Rich, Liggins, Wafer

PG - Ellis, Hughes, Duhon

4. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83q2q2l

C - Howard, Birdman

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF- Turk, Gallo, Harper

PG - Miller, Hughes, Duhon

5. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=865p2zo throw in a pick or 2

C- Howard, Speights

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Iguodala, Turk, Harper

PG - Holiday, Hughes, Duhon

I was limited because half our team has trade restrictions til March 1st so there could be some tweeks if we wait til then, I just did what i could with the trade machine right now

I can't see getting anything for Duhon, of 413 players listed in the league, Duhon is number 318 through 11 games with an average of over 18 minutes per game, but only 3.8 ppg, and no defense that stops anyone when he is in. Maybe Nelson is out of shape, so Duhon gives him a rest, but contributes nothing to the team, I can't figure it out. Finally VanGundy broke away from his great 8 and gave Wafer some minutes, which he is putting up over 5 ppg in 11 minutes per game average over the same 11 games. Hughes has not been used, but probably one of the best in shape players, knowing he had to prove himself in training camp to secure a job. How can Duhon have so few touches and no defense, there really is no other player in the league that is this non-productive on the court with playing close to 40% of the minutes.

Nate Robinson gets signed by Golden State a couple weeks ago and already has 58 points this season, our "Where is Chris" is closing in on 40 with double the time on the court. Play Hughes and Q rich, with back to back to back games next week, try to showcase them and get something for them if we aren't going to play them. Duhon just hides on the court after he makes his pass after crossing the half court line. Nobody will take these other guys unless the have some stats (Hughes, Q Rich), and nobody is taking Duhon with these numbers. We have a serious point guard problem. When your in the bottom hundred players in the league in productivity, you should not be on the court 40% of each game.