Sign in to follow this  
Mr13A

Larry Hughes' brief time running point vs Heat [video]

Just wanted to point out that Larry was making EXCELLENT plays with our bench players.

You can tell he is more creative than Jameer and could give us a very good spark in an important game.

I love the way he would actually pass to the guy that screened for him. That got us some great looks for guys and especially Ryan when he rolled or popped out.

I'm guessing we'll still be seeing a lot of Duhon since Larry doesn't know the system fully just yet and that's how Stan rolls.

Let's hope Duhon becomes 6th string or something.

OT - I'm working on a little magic video you guys will enjoy that should be released within the end of the week.

• Upvote 6

He should be our backup, no question about it. His play making ability is pretty good in my opinion. Might not be the same guy he was years ago, but seems OK to me. Dudu needs to have a permanent seat on the bench. God he's awful.

Clueless (about our system) Hughes >>>>>>>> Duhon.

man he looks impressive, great vision and his passes are spot on.

He kind of reminds me skip to my Lou. Not sure if he can still shoot well, but we already have enough shooters on our team. We just have to make plays to get them open and it seems like he can do that.

It looks like he can also still run a deadly pick and roll game.

Hughes is a very good defensive combo guard. he is also very good at play-making and playing stretches at pt, mostly, because he is 6"5 ~ 6"7; with very good handle and vision for passing. I remember when he played great next to philly's AI.

On the other side, he has never been a great shooter. The game plan for other teams, if he is given normal mins, will be to leave him open for jump shots and to double team with his man.

Larry is a good passer but he is not better than nelson on offense; sorry. Nelson scores better off the ball and with the ball and is a much better % shooter. Dont let us forget the 10 assist and only 2 turn overs from Nelson in the same game. And dont let us forget hughes age and his ability to even play major mins equal to nelson. I do agree he played much better than Chris D. I would sign him for the reset of the season, if he can repeats his play in the first 10 games of the regular season. Let us also remember it was preseason, but he did play well. My hat is off to him- nice addition thus far.

Hughes should be the back up to Nelson. Duhon just looks lost out there (Otis, great research on him before signing him). Maybe we can find some team hard up for a pg to take him (have to be real hard up though).

Have to add the rookies looked decent for first nba game. Orton looks like he has a nice jumper, not sure how is D is but maybe he can get into more games.

Just wanted to point out that Larry was making EXCELLENT plays with our bench players.

You can tell he is more creative than Jameer and could give us a very good spark in an important game.

I love the way he would actually pass to the guy that screened for him. That got us some great looks for guys and especially Ryan when he rolled or popped out.

I'm guessing we'll still be seeing a lot of Duhon since Larry doesn't know the system fully just yet and that's how Stan rolls.

Let's hope Duhon becomes 6th string or something.

OT - I'm working on a little magic video you guys will enjoy that should be released within the end of the week.

Nice vid. Hughes def could help us have a great 2nd unit leader. His veteran skills with renewed youth. Great combo. Anything but Duhon ...

Hughes should be the back up to Nelson. Duhon just looks lost out there (Otis, great research on him before signing him). Maybe we can find some team hard up for a pg to take him (have to be real hard up though).

Have to add the rookies looked decent for first nba game. Orton looks like he has a nice jumper, not sure how is D is but maybe he can get into more games.

the funny thing was that dudu had a similar game to hugh when he was with the bulls. he was some what known as a defensive guard that could hit open shots, but when he went to the knicks and got big money- he had one good year on offense and then lost his ability to bring any value to a team. Chris Dudu is a defensive guard that can not guard any one or handle heavy pressure. The only thing he can do at times is shoot 3s but he passes up his shots when open.

The way I see it is dudu and turk are our last two bad contracts. If we ship off howard for assets, some one needs to take on turk and dudu as well.

3 more years on his contract. we will have him until he is 32 yrs old. Its like having a girlfriend you cant stand to come home too.