Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Yeah but you bring this up while it seems pretty much offical that Otis, Martins, whoever, is trying to land a young player in Ellis.

Just kinda seems ridiculous to make that statement until we know this deal is dead.

Yeah but you bring this up while it seems pretty much official that Otis, Martins, whoever, is only TRYING to land a young player in Ellis, that GS has come out and said that they don't want to trade.

Just kinda seems ridiculous to make that statement until we know this deal is done and approved by all sides.

Yeah but you bring this up while it seems pretty much official that Otis, Martins, whoever, is only TRYING to land a young player in Ellis, that GS has come out and said that they don't want to trade.

Just kinda seems ridiculous to make that statement until we know this deal is done and approved by all sides.

Reread your own post here. TRYING. I think we all know that and I never said it was gonna happen.

My thing on the Bucks/Warriors talks is: Bucks say they want to move S-Jax with Bogut; I DOUBT Warriors want Jax back and likewise, plus why would Bucks want Ellis-Jennings together unless they're moving Brandon? That's why I don't think Warriors can get Bogut without help...which is where I can see us hopping in. There's a way we can all help each other

• Upvote 1

so according to ybr, dwight would be stoked if we make a trade for only ellis. can you imagine if this morphed into a trade where ellis and jackson end up on the magic?

dwight would be all

23wpunn.jpg

Something like this? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89ak7sw

Magic Out:

JJ Redick

Hedo Turkoglu

Daniel Orton

Magic In:

Monta Ellis

S Jackson

GS Out:

Monta Ellis

GS In:

Andrew Bogut

Bucks Out:

Andrew Bogut

S Jackson

Bucks In:

JJ Redick

Hedo Turkoglu

Daniel Orton

I'd much rather have that than trade Ryno

MP was older than that and he was on the decline and hasn't done squat since. I do agree on Gortat though. Should've held on to him for something better.

Uhhh what? Two young promising players? Pietrus is 30 with injury problems, Carter is 35 now, and Gortat is 28. I wouldn't call any of those young promising players.

Hmm, I just thought MP was younger than me, and I'm not 30 (yet). So Tat is now 28, which is not that old. And MP was also an expiring contract, yes? So yeah, that whole trade last mid-season was a huge disappointment aside from getting Clark, and now everyone thinks that another mid-season trade being done in full-fledged panic mode will somehow be better?

I'd love just as much as the next Magic fan for us to pull a rabbit out of a hat (pun intended) and get some awesome trade that locks up Dwight and wins us championships for the next X years. But we should all know the reality of our trades lately and try to keep our optimism in check.

Hmm, I just thought MP was younger than me, and I'm not 30 (yet). So Tat is now 28, which is not that old. And MP was also an expiring contract, yes? So yeah, that whole trade last mid-season was a huge disappointment aside from getting Clark, and now everyone thinks that another mid-season trade being done in full-fledged panic mode will somehow be better?

I'd love just as much as the next Magic fan for us to pull a rabbit out of a hat (pun intended) and get some awesome trade that locks up Dwight and wins us championships for the next X years. But we should all know the reality of our trades lately and try to keep our optimism in check.

funny-dog-pictures-dude-are-you-ok.jpg

We're just conversating...

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't make sense.

I kind of wondered the same thing, unless they were just trying to have cap space. I felt we may have to get a draft pick involved or get N.O. to add a player to GSW

Reread your own post here. TRYING. I think we all know that and I never said it was gonna happen.

Yet your post made it sound like my saying it wasn't going to happen was some kind of blasphemy. All I'm trying to say is don't be shocked when this trade doesn't happen.

I pointed out that we've never traded for young, promising talent outside of the throw-ins of Anderson and Clark, and you brought up Ellis and SJax, neither of whom are currently players for the Magic and thus, to me, unavailable for comparison. We can try to trade Westbrook and Durant as well, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen. I'm just getting myself ready for the riots that will inevitably spring up when GS tells us to go pound sand and everyone wants to kill Otis for not "getting it done"