Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

anyone else just cringe when Dwight said, "I started my career in Orlando" in his post-game interview? It was almost like a Freudian slip.....very awkward.

Yeah, it's totally awkward when someone starts an interview with a statement of fact.

Dwight Howard: "Not too many players in this league can say that they were their franchise’s leading scorer. It’s a humbling experience."

Dwight Howard: "I have to thank God for keeping me healthy for 8 yrs. I also have to thank my teammates for finding me all these years."

Can someone please tell me why Alex Martins has not seeked out and hired a qualified GM to replace Otis. I mean really I would even take John Gabriel or Weisbrod over this clown. Does he have dirt on the family or something? How can the Devos family trust Otis to make the most important decisions regarding the future of the franchise? Isn't it worth taking a chance and getting rid of him to see if Dwight might stay? I am not asking for Jerry West, just someone that knows what they are doing? Even if we can't convince him to stay I want to have confidence that the GM will make smart decisions regarding the trade or else wise. Opinions?

It took several months, but I'm finally back on under a new name. Used to be Lawyers Guns & Money, Chi Town Hustler, and last year was Da Blues Man. Changing email addresses, computer crashes, and unanswered pleas for help to the mods made it challenging, but I AM BACK and glad to be here. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth in reference to Amare. I was a big Amare fan at one time. Those days are over and so is he. Too bad because there just doesn't seem to be a scenario out there right now for us to get back anywhere near what we are going to lose if Dwight leaves. If he wasn't balling so damn good right now, it would be a lot easier to tell him not to the let the door hit him on the way out, but there ain't a big man out there that compares to him. Just gotta hope we win it all, and a ring makes him stay.

Wow...me and mods are gonna have a hootnanny.

Can someone please tell me why Alex Martins has not seeked out and hired a qualified GM to replace Otis. I mean really I would even take John Gabriel or Weisbrod over this clown. Does he have dirt on the family or something? How can the Devos family trust Otis to make the most important decisions regarding the future of the franchise? Isn't it worth taking a chance and getting rid of him to see if Dwight might stay? I am not asking for Jerry West, just someone that knows what they are doing? Even if we can't convince him to stay I want to have confidence that the GM will make smart decisions regarding the trade or else wise. Opinions?

you don't know nearly enough about anything basketball related to accurately gauge the abilities of a general manager of a professional sports team? no fan does, otis didn't sign a younger turk to the same deal he then proceeded to trade for him for. explanation? only one and it's that dwight wanted hedo back and otis had to make the move. dwight, allegedly, didn't want gilbert amnestied. explanation? dwight, as well as a lot of superstars, have too much power over a team and looking back at the cavaliers annual roster blowing up at the deadline only points to one thing; owners think letting a 20something year old make personnel decisions improves the likelihood that the star will resign. it's gross and why basketball is, and will be for a long time, an inferior product to the nfl.

• Downvote 1

The best deal will be if the Magic go after Griffin/Jordan with a Dwight/Anderson package.

Just my opinion, but I believe the Magic will continue to push for this.

We would be worse, but atleast we'd have Blake and Deandre to build around, but we will never get the most out of them WITHOUT a substantial upgrade at PG

you don't know nearly enough about anything basketball related to accurately gauge the abilities of a general manager of a professional sports team? no fan does, otis didn't sign a younger turk to the same deal he then proceeded to trade for him for. explanation? only one and it's that dwight wanted hedo back and otis had to make the move. dwight, allegedly, didn't want gilbert amnestied. explanation? dwight, as well as a lot of superstars, have too much power over a team and looking back at the cavaliers annual roster blowing up at the deadline only points to one thing; owners think letting a 20something year old make personnel decisions improves the likelihood that the star will resign. it's gross and why basketball is, and will be for a long time, an inferior product to the nfl.

Otis has been very vocal about being in charge and that he does not make decision's based on what his players have told him to do, why would he come out and say this now if Dwight was calling the shots on those moves? In doing that he is essentially taking credit (or blame depending on how you look at it) for Gilbert and Hedo not to mention publically playing the tough guy with his franchise center who has one foot out the door. He is either the strong GM that doesn't take orders or he is the guy that saddled us with bad contracts instead of putting us in a position to free up a ton of cap space, I don't think you can have it both ways.

While I agree that no fan knows exactly what is going on within an organization you don't need to know any inside information to know that had he stuck with the poorly constructed team that he had last year we would have been knocked out in the first round but we would have been able to waive Vince for 4 mill (which is what PHX did), let MP walk, and amnesty Shard clearing (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) 41 million (16 for Vince + 20 for Rashard + 5 for MP). That and we would have had Gortat as a trade chip.

Otis has been very vocal about being in charge and that he does not make decision's based on what his players have told him to do, why would he come out and say this now if Dwight was calling the shots on those moves? In doing that he is essentially taking credit (or blame depending on how you look at it) for Gilbert and Hedo not to mention publically playing the tough guy with his franchise center who has one foot out the door. He is either the strong GM that doesn't take orders or he is the guy that saddled us with bad contracts instead of putting us in a position to free up a ton of cap space, I don't think you can have it both ways.

While I agree that no fan knows exactly what is going on within an organization you don't need to know any inside information to know that had he stuck with the poorly constructed team that he had last year we would have been knocked out in the first round but we would have been able to waive Vince for 4 mill (which is what PHX did), let MP walk, and amnesty Shard clearing (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) 41 million (16 for Vince + 20 for Rashard + 5 for MP). That and we would have had Gortat as a trade chip.

Any chance the league will give us a "do over" in regards to those trades? I'm sure we could get a doctor to declare Otis mentally incapable.