Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I'm not pointing to any of the games hes been out. I'm pointing to the last few years. As his offense has grown, our offense has fallen.

This is true. When Dwight focussed on DEFENSE, it actually helped his offense while helping the other players' offense. The more Dwight became self serving, the less efficient the Magic became on offense.

Yeah, no. That trade is pretty awfull. We'd let him walk before we agreed to that.

well...Devos is an idiot for wanting veterans and no expiring TBH,it closes doors on alot of stuff because "good" vets are typically paid well and the ones that seem reasonable are expiring,also...another thing that hurts the whole "Dwight trade" is that he has a list of the Lakers,Mavs,and Nets...lakers almost excluded...so if you subtract all the teams that dont want a rental and what do you have?...you have maybe 3-4 teams interested in making a trade,and alot of the time, its not exactly what you want...so lets evaluate the teams willing to either "rent/trade" for howard.....Nets offer-Lopez/Marshon/Bad Picks....Mavs offer-Roddy/Wright/Marion/Haywood/picks....Lakers Morris/Bynum/Picks.....Golden State- Curry/Beidrins/Dorell/picks..... these are VERY limited offers for the circumstances.of course you can add other teams, but they are going to want something in return too and that means that the player you want might not exactly go to you...Its all a level playing field in terms of "Trading"...but for a 1/1 team trade i think the mavericks offer is not bad BY COMPARISON...Marshon and Lopez have inflated stats due to "Bad team bumped stats" syndrome

• Upvote 1

Dwight 24.4 PER > Chandler 20.2 PER

Hedo 12.4 PER < Amare 17.0 PER

Meer 6.8 PER < Lin 25.9 PER

Magic win that trade based on PER. You're the idiot.

Oh, I didn't know that the only thing we should consider when making trades is PER. Here I was thinking that we should consider things like Chandler and Amare's huge contracts. Or the fact that Amare's knee is a ticking time bomb. Or the likelihood that if Amare was traded here, he would have a meltdown that would make the way Dwight is currently behaving look like Steve Nash. Or that Lin's PER is likely very inflated from an extremely good week and is likely going to come back down to Earth. Silly me, lets make a trade with the Knicks!

Dwights a joke for whining about 4th quarter touches, dude can't make free throws he's a clown

He should be complaining. Am I missing something here? He scores at a higher rate than anyone else on the team. He's a top 5 player on a team full of scrubs. He should be getting 20 shots a game or shooting a s*** ton of free throws. Either way, it's a better option that Turk "taking over" in the 4th which inevitably leads to me cursing and wanting to throw things at my television.

you're missing the context of his quote.

We were up 78-68 with 5 minutes to go. But in less than 2 minutes we squandered that lead then found ourselves down 78-88. Then Jrich came back and won it for us. But I think he's making a good point; had we fed dwight the ball when we were up, we could have put them away for good. He's shooting 55% for the year and he's going to get a high percentage look; Even if he gets fouled and makes half his free throws, that's still 1 pt per possession which is just slightly less than the league average.

I think that's what Dwight was referring to.

What game were you watching? We were never up 78-68. The biggest lead we had was in the 3rd quarter with almost 5 minutes to go when the score was 70-65. Look it up.

for dwight...yes, nothing is going to match up to him except Lebron, but this is really not a bad trade if you HAVE to trade him...i do think this is significantly better than the Nets offer though

Your trade idea involved Orlando taking on multiple bad contracts for no real reason. It was an awful trade.

At least the New Jersey offer would give us CAP space. Your trade idea gave us nothing and sucked out loud.

Oh, I didn't know that the only thing we should consider when making trades is PER. Here I was thinking that we should consider things like Chandler and Amare's huge contracts. Or the fact that Amare's knee is a ticking time bomb. Or the likelihood that if Amare was traded here, he would have a meltdown that would make the way Dwight is currently behaving look like Steve Nash. Or that Lin's PER is likely very inflated from an extremely good week and is likely going to come back down to Earth. Silly me, lets make a trade with the Knicks!

Not to mention the fact that I have zero doubt that he had no idea who Lin even was a week ago.

What game were you watching? We were never up 78-68. The biggest lead we had was in the 3rd quarter with almost 5 minutes to go when the score was 70-65. Look it up.

you're right, I mixed some of the numbers up. We were down 78-88 with 5min left to go. At the 9:50 mark we were tied. During those 4 mins though, we only went to Dwight twice and everyone else missed which led to the 10pt deficit.

you're right, I mixed some of the numbers up. We were down 78-88 with 5min left to go. At the 9:50 mark we were tied. During those 4 mins though, we only went to Dwight twice and everyone else missed which led to the 10pt deficit.

Yes, we were down 78 to 88 with 5 minutes to go which was the entire point of this. If we were up by 10, Dwight might have a point, but we weren't. He was right that down by 10, a team would go to a Kobe type of player to get back in it. Dwight ain't no Kobe, and never will be.

Yes, we were down 78 to 88 with 5 minutes to go which was the entire point of this. If we were up by 10, Dwight might have a point, but we weren't. He was right that down by 10, a team would go to a Kobe type of player to get back in it. Dwight ain't no Kobe, and never will be.

if there are 10mins to go and you're tied, would you go to your best player for a high % basket or (at best but more variation) 40% shot at the three? Like I said earlier, even if he gets fouled every possession and makes half his FT's that's still good. That plays into our strength because we don't have perimeter player that can score at will.

Seems there's a lot of people who think that just feeding Dwight the ball late in the fourth is just easy points waiting to be had. Problem is, is that the other team would quickly foul him and send him to the line. And since he's a REALLY crappy FT shooter (who apparently coaches JRich in his downtime), you're basically just giving the ball back to the other team. With the clock stopped. Every possession. If we're going to go the route of not scoring any points on a possession when we're ahead late in a game, I'd rather use every last second on the shot clock and then have whoever the hottest hand beyond the arc is take a 3. Hopefully Dwight gets the rebound and we can reset. But passing it to Dwight pretty much guarantees the clock is going to stop, while he makes 1 FT out of 6 or something stupid like that.

As others have mentioned, if the dude really wants to be The Man, the main thing he needs to improve is his FTs. If he can get above 60% and stay there, or, God help us, 70%, he'll notice he's not getting hacked nearly as much anymore and he'll be free to score around the basket. Second on the "how to improve so that I can be The Man" list should be that jumpshot he's been promising for what, 3 years now? He looked good with it last year but this year he isn't even trying. Whether it's because he's already got a foot out the door is up for speculation. But if he would at least attempt some in a game, his defender would have to respect it and change the way he's guarding Dwight.

Dwight, next time you want to talk to the media, shut your mouth first. Your team WON for Stuff's sake. What is so hard about congratulating your teammate on a very impressive outing and like so many others here have stated, lead off with your own shortcomings and how you hope to improve them to BETTER YOUR TEAM!

• Upvote 4