Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Hired him before season and Dwight is shooting a career worse freethrow percentage. It is something no-one can try to help him fix it, its all mental... he is broken.

Oh dang I didn't know it was before the season. Last numbers put Dwight around 47% for the season so far. LOL

He's completely hopeless.

Oh dang I didn't know it was before the season. Last numbers put Dwight around 47% for the season so far. LOL

He's completely hopeless.

I'm sure those will improve As the season goes on.

He did work hard in the offseason. Mark price is not working and has not work with him with the FT's. Mark was hired to work with the shooters. Mark is one of the best of all time but it was because he practice a lot. His technique was no different as the one that JJ has.

Maybe his giving some input now but Why JJ is not helping or is ot that JJ already provided dwight with a copy of his video... :)

I'm not inferring that Dwight isn't giving it his all or anything of the sorts but seriously his FT shooting looks so...dead. He's just doing it, there doesn't appear to be any actual stroke or attention to it. Wonder if he's finally just getting it out of his head?

That is an excellent point.

He work during the offseason and the stroke he use then is completely different.

Maybe he is thinking too much. Maybe he don't care or maybe,as you mention, he is not applying what he learned.

I just dont know

Just heard the Magic employ all time best FT shooter Mark Price to help Dwight with his FT's. LOL

Instead of missing 2 for 2, we might get lucky and get 1 out of 2 again! :bball:

I know what his main problem is with FT shooting. He doesn't focus on the rim long enough before he shoots. He does his dribbling pre-shot while looking down the whole time, then he quickly looks up at the rim and shoots it. Gotta focus on that rim Dwight!

I know what his main problem is with FT shooting. He doesn't focus on the rim long enough before he shoots. He does his dribbling pre-shot while looking down the whole time, then he quickly looks up at the rim and shoots it. Gotta focus on that rim Dwight!

You know, I remember Tmac used to do that. He'd dribble and stare down towards the floor under the basket and then all in one motion look up at the rim and shoot.

Yea someone posted that in the Magic @ Warriors gamethread. 3-4 months is a huge hit to the Hawks, especially in an already short season. It's also possible ATL won't even make the playoffs now, the East is pretty strong this year.

Dwight needs to one of two things with FTs. Either try 2 handed underhand shots or learn to control where the rebound goes. I really suck at FTs too, but I learned to hit about 65% underhand and put some funky English on my 2nd shot so the rebound comes out about 7 feet and goes really high so my bigs can get to it.

Dwight needs to one of two things with FTs. Either try 2 handed underhand shots or learn to control where the rebound goes. I really suck at FTs too, but I learned to hit about 65% underhand and put some funky English on my 2nd shot so the rebound comes out about 7 feet and goes really high so my bigs can get to it.

The main reason bigs have a hard time shooting FTs is their hand size. Not saying it's an excuse to shoot below or even at 50% because these guys are the best players in the world, but try shooting a FT with a smaller ball and hoop.

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/53473/mto-world-exclusive-nba-superstar-dwight-howard-is-engaged-we-got-pics-of-his-new-fiance-and-the-ring.html

Dwight Howard engaged to girlfriend, a Los Angeles native

1326109425c13957141a.jpg

MediaTakeOut.com is hearing whispers that NBA star DWIGHT HOWARD is engaged. Now normally we don't listen to those types of rumors.

But the NBA stars Girlfriend, model and singer Christine Vest is looking VERY MUCH like a newly engaged woman. FIRST, check out her NEW YEARS outfit (below). She was wearing a DIAMOND ring on her left hand and a TIARA.

And we also got our hands on a recent PAINTING that Christine had COMMISSIONED of herself . . and it shows her in a WEDDING DRESS - with a bible quote commonly used by BRIDES!!!

So given ALL that evidence. We're gonna have to offer a CONGRATULATIONS to Dwight, who is a VERY private person.

Christine was BORN AND RAISED in Los Angeles. And we hear she plans on STAYING in the city of angels for life.