AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

In Brooks' defense, it's harder to hit a mid-range than a dunk or point-blank lay-in. But no argument that Dwight brings a lot more to the table than Lopez. Dwight makes scoring inside almost impossible.

No, I happen to know what a straw man is. The funny thing is, you made a straw man, accused me of not knowing what it is, then made the same straw man argument in the same post.

Classic.

And I nearly missed this.

Were you a big fluffer in high school? Because you've yet to to actually tell me how I created a straw-man. I hope you realize that accusing someone falsely of a straw-man is a straw-man in itself. It's like inception, or something. The fact that you're leaning so heavily on a term that's so impertinent to what I've said is a sign that you're just dying to grasp at something, however meagerly applicable it is.

No one is here is making a judgement on Jameer's play because of 'preseason'. That's your straw-man. Stop misrepresenting mine (and his) argument. We're talking Jameer's unsatisfactory play for his whole career while here. The only thing succcessful thing he did on our team was ride the bench as we went to the finals. And ironically, it was the same year he made the all-star team on a fluke shooting season.

Either you lack all senses of intuition, or you're deliberately trolling. You don't suppose his last preseason game was even a minor catalyst to the recent spike of "trade/bench" Jameer comments? I suppose 90% of the board suddenly got visions of Jameer performing badly against the Hawks and decided to trash him. Yes, that must have been it.

Jameer has posted seven quality NBA seasons in this uniform. Were they elite? No, but also not the paltry play you're describing. He has a career regular season PER of 16.1 and a post season PER of 17.3. By contrast, guys like Billups and Rondo have posted 19.1/19.4 and 17.1/17.5, respectively. Hardly the landslide you were conveniently alluding to. I await your rebuke of the "Yeah, but those guys were elite defenders" variety, which would be another laughable misconception.

BTW, he was also poor the year before that against a team that wasn't a bottom feeder. You think beating on the hawks and bobcats the year before that proves him worthy? His real test was against Rondo, who he failed against.

The year before that he was injured and we went to the finals. Doesn't look so good for him.

Sure, let's dismiss two of the team's three playoff opponents in an effort to highlight the only one he didn't dominate that post season. Bottom-feeding? You mean the Bobcats that won the season series against the Lakers/Cavs/Heat and the Hawks that won season series against the Celtics? Oh, I see. Using that line of reasoning, I suppose you can also dismiss practically any of LeBron's post season accolades because he failed against the opponent that mattered, or Rose's last season, or Durant's, Chris Paul's, etc. and you could spin that however you'd like (I look forward to the impending "sraw-man" claims).

But hey, let's not shy away from the topic at hand: Jameer failing against Rondo. I mean, Rondo did post 14.3/8 on 42.3% FG while holding Jameer to 17.0/4.4 on 42.7%.

What? You mean, it was practically a wash? My goodness.

I won't however dodge the point regarding our Finals run. Rafer Alston did carry us through the post season that year.

Hold on...you mean he averaged 12.4/4.1 on 38% FG and 31% 3FG? You mean to tell me that our post season success was largely a product of Dwight and Shard's dominant playoff performances as well as our collective team effort and not simply Alston's fine play? You mean the reason we lost convincingly to the team we otherwise swept in the regular season was because we were missing the guy who posted 28/7 on 59% FG in our match-ups?

This doesn't look so good for you.

The years before that were him getting pounced on by Chauncey Billups.

Small sample size my arse.

Just about everyone got "pounced on" by Billups back then to the tune of his 18-20 points on sub-efficient shooting.

And yes, you used small sample sizes per usual because you (purposely) failed to highlight any of Jameer's great performances in the post-season. How else are you gonna manage to overtly misconstrue factual data for blind, unabashed hatred?

• Upvote 1

Dwight is that you writing this? lol Dont worry Dwight will be in NJ by tonight,

If he's shipped to NJ, than he's shipped to NJ, just a little upset that peeps be questioning Dwight's effort for the last seven years.

Also, a general comment: let's wait until the Christmas game (assuming Dwight is here) before we start claiming that he's given up on the season and is less of a professional than Carmelo Anthony. It was a preseason game.

His percentage from 10-15' was a whopping 2% better than Dwight's last season. So his "nice shot" amounted to very little in what mattered. So you should probably rethink your "he definitely has a better offensive game than Howard" argument, if that was truly all you had.

Do they keep track of everyone's percentage from 10-15'? Not questioning you, just thought it was interesting you even had such a stat.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Grizzlies confirm MRI on Darrell Arthur revealed a season-ending torn right Achilles.

I wonder if they would be interested in a mayo/ryan swap? Arther was their only backup big and they were talking about sending mayo to the pacers for mcroberts.

Obviously then we need a backup big

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=86o3uu3

Who says no?

Probably portland lol

I wonder if they would be interested in a mayo/ryan swap? Arther was their only backup big and they were talking about sending mayo to the pacers for mcroberts.

Obviously then we need a backup big

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=86o3uu3

Who says no?

Probably portland lol

the fact that you're interested in this worries me.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Grizzlies confirm MRI on Darrell Arthur revealed a season-ending torn right Achilles.

I'm expecting alot of this type of news from all teams. There will also be some All Stars, who will be in the same club.

Just expect the unexpected this season

(iPhone)

the fact that you're interested in this worries me.

Interested in what? that actual trade? lol Im not saying the trade was great but cmon its not that bad lol Atleast in my opinion