AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

How can Stern walk away unscathed from saying no to a very fair trade to the Lakers and saying yes to a team that plays in the same building? Unbelievable.

This deal is way better for the Hornets. Young players and picks with salary relief instead of a bunch of mediocre player over or near 30 on longer term deals.

• Upvote 1

that sets an interesting precedent for a D12 trade...these rumored packages from LA and New Jersey have been insulting in comparison.

How can Stern walk away unscathed from saying no to a very fair trade to the Lakers and saying yes to a team that plays in the same building? Unbelievable.

It's completely insane. How he doesn't step down is beyond me.

Personally, I like the original deal better. Gordon's a bit overrated to me, and that Wolves pick is as well. Laugh at me now, but I think the Wolves will be outside of the top 5 worst teams in the league. At worst.

If I'm the Clips, what a deal. Just teamed one of the great all time passing PG's with one of the most exciting big men in the game in a city he wanted to play in anyway.

My money's on Miami getting Billups, but it would be cool to have the old dude on the team. Just put him in cold storage until the playoffs.

Aminu - crap

Kaman- crap they've been trying to trade for the last 3 years

Gordon - decent

pick - decent

I say meh.

If he's cut we can get Billups with Jameer coming off the bench, we're in business.

• Upvote 1

It's completely insane. How he doesn't step down is beyond me.

Personally, I like the original deal better. Gordon's a bit overrated to me, and that Wolves pick is as well. Laugh at me now, but I think the Wolves will be outside of the top 5 worst teams in the league. At worst.

If I'm the Clips, what a deal. Just teamed one of the great all time passing PG's with one of the most exciting big men in the game in a city he wanted to play in anyway.

Right? At least they're not in the Eastern Conference. Really, the Clips have been horrible for so long, I'm fine with them FINALLY catching a break.

...especially at the expense of the Lakers.

• Upvote 3

This deal is way better for the Hornets. Young players and picks with salary relief instead of a bunch of mediocre player over or near 30 on longer term deals.

You don't have a problem with Stern telling a team's GM how to do his job? It shouldn't be up to David Stern to decide how the Hornets should move forward with basketball decisions. As far as return in talent, the Lakers trade was very fair. For Stern to come in a dictate otherwise is absurd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If he's cut we can get Billups with Jameer coming off the bench, we're in business.

Not how it'll work - Billups is feeling his age now, thanks to a lot of rough postseason play in Detroit. He's not the player he was with the Pistons, but it's his brain I want him on the team for. Billups is rock-solid and impossible to rattle. When we're down by 10 with a minute or so to go? That's when we put Chauncey in.