AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Steve Kerr?

You guys want the Magic to hire STEVE KERR?

Am I the only one on this board who can remember further back than last October?

Actually I said Steve Kerr or one of the Magic Dancers.

It's simple to me.

Trade Dwight/Turk to Okc

Get back: 2011 OKC Pick, Westbrook and Harden and take on Nate, Perkins and Aldrich to make salaries work. -- This would give the Thunder ability to go after Deron and steal him away from New Jersey. They can then have a big 3 and still have that defensive minded 4 in Ibaka. Deron/Seflosha/KD/Ibaka/Dwight is a scary good team. Even without Deron in year 1, they'd be damn good.

Sign and trade JRich to Golden State, Send Monta to Portland, and Portland sends us Gerald Wallace. -- Portland is going to lose it's scorer. Bring in Monta and let him take Brandon Roy's spot. You have Batum at the 3 already and Aldridge at the 4. Not a glaring need for the Blazers. sending him out makes sense. JRich has been reported he wants to go back to GS and Golden State wants a bigger SG. If we have to add something then so be it, I don't care.

Flip Jameer and JJ to the Kings for Cousins and Salmons and the Thunders pick. ---- Reason they do this, move Reke to the 2, shed Salmons ridiculous contract. Bring in a good bench scorer.

Westbrook/Duhon

Harden/Salmons

Wallace/QRich

Cousins/Baby

Perkins/Orton

Brand new team. Still a very talented team. Obviously the Kings trade is what is a little shortsided as well as landing Wallace. But at this point, you have to do something because we cannotttt go back to losing 50 games in a season. As far as money concerns we don't have anyone with an absolute terrible contact anymore besides Salmons (4 years, but the contract decreases, so his last season will only be 7 mil.)

Contract situation:

Westbrook would be a RFA after the year (so what), give him a max.

Harden has 2 more years before RFA

Nate is expiring

Aldrich (Which we could possibly flip for someone) is on rookie contract

Perkins - 9Mil in 4 years, still not too bad.

Salmons - In 4 years at 7, 8 this year.

Our team would be relatively young and scary good defensively. Would need some help offensively with the way this looks, but Westbrook will get his. I just think this is the best chance to say "Alright Dwight, you want to leave, you want another superstar, fine. We'll move you to OKC to play with Durant or you'll have to leave in FA."

I don't care if we get Brook Lopez or their picks, I don't care. It isn't worth it and I would rather him walk.

Reasonable J-Rich contract, yes. Needed? Not really if we are blowing up the team.

It makes sense if we are going after Bynum and Odom, but still we are a 1st round playoff team.