AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

We'd have to play Clark a lot because you have Orton going out.That being said we are already weak at the 3 with Turk there... but is Turk one of the people that Dwight wants? Maybe Clark can play some 3 and Dwight some 4? Who cares as long as we keep Dwight we have a chance!

i really hope that the nets suck this yr and magic go on a type of run like they did before the all star break like in 08-09. And are in the tops 3 records in the east by the trade dead-line and the nets are in the bottom 3. They still sucked last yr with D-Will.

Just would like to here dwights thoughts on still wanting a trade there and some one say WTF were you thinking ?!?!?!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7rpao9a

PG-Jameer/Monta/Duhon

SG-Monta/JRich/Wafer

SF-Q Rich/Harper/Liggins

PF- Davis/Clark/Orton

C-Howard/Bierdens/Davis/Orton

Bit of a weak rotation at the 3....but as otis would say

I like this team

GS needs a backup PG and are a little thin at the 3 plus they have 2 young SG so maybe Meer Turk and Anderson for Monta and Biedrins.

What about something like this?

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=cq6z3mp

Our lineup turns into

Nelson/Duhon

J-rich/S-Jax

G-Wall/Q/S-Jax

Davis/gooden

D12/?/Orton

S-Jax would be a very good 6th man. Plus hes a guy that dwight wants, him and crash bring toughness/defense/rebounding. We know portland is willing to move crash as we saw with the dwight deal. Gives them a two guard to help score with losing roy & a solid yound player in ryan. Sac has always liked turk, and milwaukee gets some 3 point shooting, a replacement for sjax and even though I HATE drew goodens contract I figured using the exception to swallow his contract might be more incentive for them. I think its a pretty fair deal all around.. Maybe throw a pick at portland and a future pick at sac for taking turks contract.

Flame away lol

The real problem with trading Dwight for picks is that any team Dwight goes to isn't going to have picks worth having (unless it was something like the Minni pick, or protected). I mean, Dwight took a couple crap teams deep into the playoffs; on a team with a good core? Yeah...

We signed Clark to a 2yr deal.... Woot!

So we have alot of Fowards:

Glen 6"9

Ryan 6"10

Justin 6"10

Turk 6"10

Quentin 6"6

In addition to the Guards:

Chris 6"1

Jameer 6"0

DeAndre 6"6

Larry 6"5 - Non G Contract

Gabe 6"4 - Non G Contract

JJ 6"4

Jason 6"6 - resigned 4yr

Von 6"5

With our current centers:

Dwight 6"11

Daniel 6"10

With both Glen and Harper listed as /C

From a top to bottom look, we are stacking alot of positions and players. I definitely see a opportunity to make a move with some of these guys in order to grab another player.

The main problem with letting Dwight walk is that it would mean we'd miss out on this year's draft which I think would be pretty costly. Gotta at least get a surefire lotto pick in return for him.

We are missing out on this years draft, not because we are planning to let Dwight walk, but because we are doing what we can between now and then to convince Dwight to stay, and that chance of keeping Dwight is better than the chance at a high draft pick this season.

I know that this has already been posted, but because I still see a few people who are very optimistic it's time for us all to face reality. I dont want to though lol.

Source: Howard ‘Not a Happy Camper’

By HOOPSWORLD<BR nodeIndex="2">(Dwight) Howard told teammates on Tuesday that he thought the trade to the Nets was a “done deal,” a league source told Y! Sports. Twenty-four hours later on Wednesday, Howard told them that he was under the impression that “ownership killed it,” the source said.Howard has warned the Magic if they don’t move him by the March 15 trade deadline, they’ll lose him for nothing in free agency. Howard told the Magic again on Tuesday that he wanted a trade, a league source said.

“Dwight’s not a happy camper,” one league source told Y! Sports.

• Downvote 2