AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

None of you have posed a better solution than the trade at hand, which I think is a good option for the Magic to rebuild towards the future.

And not to be hostile back, but the reason none of us have offered a better trade with NJ in return is because there isn't one. There are teams and assets out there that we would consider trading the best center in the game for, but NJ does not have those pieces. Our teams have nothing to offer one another without one side or the other getting screwed.

After watching Otis operate for the last few years, he simply won't do that. He'll let Dwight walk and use that space to rebuild then rather than make a crap trade that saddles us with bad picks (because NJ with Dwight is simple NOT going to have high draft picks; you're essentially saying that we should take 2nd rounders for Dwight).

If you want good trades, look back about 2-300 posts when we thought Dwight was actually gone. There were some good ideas there that were good for more than just us or the other team.

Lopez, no matter how much sunshine you blow out his ass, is a backup center on most teams. He's a good backup, but he's not a starter. Not on a team with any serious aspirations, anyways.

Yeah, Deron is pretty much gone if Dwight doesn't come up there, and that is hilarious! You see, the Magic can wait you guys out because everybody knows what is going to happen in NJ. You guys had two possible centers bail on you guys and now are running out of options. Deron isn't staying, Dwight on the other hand may stay once we land him in FA, oh but that is right you don't think it is possible for us to land him, right? Well, lets just say it is a possibility. We could do some creative financing and get him, but you know...meh. Either way, you lose our superstar because Orlando is not trading. Have fun playing in an empty arena in Brooklyn.

Dwight, Bogut, Gasol, the other Gasol, Chandler, Nene, Duncan, and Noah.

When healthy, Bynum and Oden are both better.

Cousins is an absolute moron, but he has a lot more upside.

I would consider Duncan and Pau Pf's and Chandler...meh maybe. The key thing though is asset, Duncan and Pau don't really have value anymore and Bogut has back issues and might have a short career anyway. Still Lopez will probably be a top 10 player at his position for 5-7 yrs while Meer never will be again, that was my only point.

Dwight, Bogut, Gasol, the other Gasol, Chandler, Nene, Duncan, and Noah.

When healthy, Bynum and Oden are both better.

Cousins is an absolute moron, but he has a lot more upside.

I honestly like Perkins better too...

I would consider Duncan and Pau Pf's and Chandler...meh maybe. The key thing though is asset, Duncan and Pau don't really have value anymore and Bogut has back issues and might have a short career anyway. Still Lopez will probably be a top 10 player at his position for 5-7 yrs while Meer never will be again, that was my only point.

Duncan hasn't been a power forward, not really anyway, since Robinson retired. It's a minor point in this discussion, but it's a pet peeve of mine: he anchors his defense, rebounds, defends the rim and scores from the low block.

He's a *****ing center.

• Upvote 1

All I hear you guys saying is we need to pursue what's best for the Magic, but let's face the facts on why he needs to be traded. The Magic have terrible contracts and no attractive trade assets. Claiming that Jammer Nelson (who is almost 30 years old) is even comparable to Lopez is a ridiculous claim. Rather than being biased and hopeful, you all should face the fact that there is no chance of the Magic getting another superstar. They don't have the cap room or trade assets, and the fact that DH12 has requested a trade should be an egregious sign of his discontent. I'm not saying they need to trade him to NJ, I just don't see a better option for the team than trading him before the season to avoid the constant distraction. None of you have posed a better solution than the trade at hand, which I think is a good option for the Magic to rebuild towards the future.

I am not trying to be hostile in any way, I just enjoy talking basketball with fellow fans. I understand that talks can get heated between fans of different teams (especially in a scenario like this one) but I just want to assure you that I come respectfully to talk about basketball. Thanks

But...we have posed a better solution than taking Lopez and whatever late 1st round/2nd round picks you can offer, that solution is to take absolutely nothing and let Dwight walk. What the ESPN crowd does not seem to understand is that adding Lopez who isn't a defensive player and is marshmellow soft and will more than likely want considerably more than what he is being paid right now actually hurts our team. You say that claiming Jameer (at least spell the guys name correctly) is comparable to Lopez is ridiculous, well I would say that claiming Lopez is a great young center is absurd. If there weren't so few centers right now he would be glued to the bench. He's a cupcake.

The Magic have 1 bad contract right now (Hedo), not multiple ones as you claim, again more ESPN propaganda. How many do you have right now? How many is your management trying to add? I would say that you should be more concerned about what Deron is going to do seeing as how the guy didn't even want to get on the plane to go to NJ in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Deron is pretty much gone if Dwight doesn't come up there, and that is hilarious! You see, the Magic can wait you guys out because everybody knows what is going to happen in NJ. You guys had two possible centers bail on you guys and now are running out of options. Deron isn't staying, Dwight on the other hand may stay once we land him in FA, oh but that is right you don't think it is possible for us to land him, right? Well, lets just say it is a possibility. We could do some creative financing and get him, but you know...meh. Either way, you lose our superstar because Orlando is not trading. Have fun playing in an empty arena in Brooklyn.

Thank you. I pretty much posted the scenario the Magic are trying to achieve a few pages back but it seems to be dominated by arguing with a Nets fan.