AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

So if management decide to fire Otis, would that give us a better chance of keeping Dwight?

At this point? No.

Orlando's problem has always been the same no matter who the GM was: it's a small town with Disney annnnnd...I'm sure that isn't improving with the economy. Orlando is a city of about 230,000 people, that's not real big. And we have a (short) history that's full of big-name players running away.

You can only wear the mouse ears so many times before you start looking at LA or Boston or NYC or Chicago and saying: "I want to be near history."

Add my name to the list, let's play ball! Those who are staying....stay, those who need additional attention the daycare is in the back of the building.

Let's play ball!!

YFP...long time how are ya!!

Doin good...lurked around here every once in awhile this offseason, but been pretty active since the lockout was lifted. Glad to be back. It seems like many (not all, but many) of the crazy weirdos around here are gone now that the team has regressed somewhat. That's pretty good news for us normal people who've been on here awhile. hehe.

Hope things are well for you and the rest of the old school OMMB faithful.

Like I said before, ready for the game. I don't care who will be dawning the Blue & White on Christmas Day...all I know is I'll be cheering them on!

Shoot...I'm ready for December 18th. Even preseason ball beats this off the court mess. :shard:

Regardless, looking forward to a great season!

Do you guy's care to look at Binanchi's most recent toilet article?

I ususally found it hard to agree with this guy.......and I still do!

Link

http://blogs.orlando...ando-magic.html

Spot on, imho. Has D12 ever publicly pumped up Orlando as a recruiter? The bottom line, as I've said many times, is that Dwight is not a leader.

And JJ Barea is listed at 6'0, when he's 5'6 at best.

Good Christ, that debate has been over for close to an hour. Let it go already, those of us who were involved already have.

right guys. IS DWIGHT STILL OUR STARTING CENTER ON XMAS DAY AGAINST OKC?

YES OR NO?

I SAY..........MAYBE LOL.

GONNA GO WITH YES!! THOUGHTS?

It all depends, does Kobe Look like Dwight is on the way or...............................................Dwight's not comming?

AgZO5FyCIAEVvzM.jpg<BR itxtNodeId="35"><BR itxtNodeId="34">

I just want to watch some basketball, regardless of how things turn out.

Agreed

I just can't take all the stress anymore. I have been away from watching Magic bball since April. Let's move on and start watching again

Spot on, imho. Has D12 ever publicly pumped up Orlando as a recruiter? The bottom line, as I've said many times, is that Dwight is not a leader.

You are right and so is he to a great degree! It troubles me to say that about him, but it is what it is! His most valid of points to me is when he said that FA's would not think about comming here unless he committed! So with that said, it has been out there for a while, which hurt us more than helped us!

Kobe is pissed off guys!

When asked about the Lamar Odom trade:

He was quite clear that he was unhappy. "I don't like it," said Bryant. "To be honest with you, I don't like it."

"You're talking about the Sixth Man of the Year last year," Bryant said. "He played lights out. I don't understand the criticism of reality shows and this, that and the other. I don't get it. I don't understand that. He had his best season last season, clearly wasn't a distraction and he played his ass off. I don't get where that comes from."

As Bryant continued to answer questions about Odom joining the team that swept the Lakers out of the second round of the playoffs last spring, his anger grew. "Now I'm getting pissed off," he said.

Bryant said he was "especially" upset about Odom joining the Mavs, who not only beat the Lakers, but beat them by 36 points in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals to put an end to the Phil Jackson era. Bryant would not even call the Mavericks by name, instead referring to Dallas as "that team" on several occasions.

He did call the Mavericks owner by name, however. "I don't think Mark Cuban is protesting this trade," Bryant said, adding a sarcastic smirk.

Bryant left the pack of reporters when he was done speaking and immediately made his way up a flight of stairs to general manager Mitch Kupchak's office. While Bryant has been critical of Kupchak in the past, he offered his support Sunday. "I trust management knows what they're doing," Bryant said. "I'll let them do their jobs and I'll never get in the way of it, but, it's tough.

So Kobe is fully supporting his front office after making a move that has completely pissed him off.