AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I WANT this to be a dramatic way of lighting a fire under FO to really work on getting some real players in here. Not just over the hill geezers and chuckers. REAL players!

Like skywise said, I just don't get the feeling from Dwight that he REALLY wants to leave and there's no hope in changing his mind. I just don't feel it. Yesterday I was butthurt at him, mainly because I never expected hearing these words coming out of his mouth. But after thinking about it, I hope it's an ultimatum that will finally get something done.

If you're top Magic exec, do you want to keep Dwight at peace, or keep letting Otis do his "thang" and thus shipping Dwight out?

Of course you try to keep your franchise player, and I HOPE TO GOD (Same god as Dwight chats with, I hope) that it will make the guy stay here in Orlando.

If he's out, he's out. We'll get some pieces, picks and start the rebuilding. Could be interesting.

Will an ultimatum make other teams all of a sudden like our assets better? Not getting the players we'd all love to have through trades doesn't mean there's a lack of effort on managements part. Yes, past mistakes have hampered Otis' ability to make a move now, but there's no doubt in my mind he's explored every possible avenue to get the best players here. Orlando simply doesn't have the pieces to land quality.

• Upvote 3

Will an ultimatum make other teams all of a sudden like our assets better? Not getting the players we'd all love to have through trades doesn't mean there's a lack of effort on managements part. Yes, past mistakes have hampered Otis' ability to make a move now, but there's no doubt in my mind he's explored every possible avenue to get the best players here. Orlando simply doesn't have the pieces to land quality.

That's all true and that's what I fear is the problem. We've been driven into a huge problem...

Thinking optimistically here...

The JRich signing was a ploy, a gambit, to entice GSW to part with Monta and Biedrins (as a show of faith, and they take on Duhon's bad contract), using Otis's connections to the FO there.

He offers them a trade for someone they really want, with a reasonable contract, loads up on guards and wings to be used as trade bait later, and we start the season with:

Jameer

Monta

Turk

Fat Infant

Dwight

If we can find a way to get Iggy for Turk, and maybe Redick and change:

Meer

Monta

Iggy

Large Toddler

D12

Again, this is me thinking optimistically, maybe unrealistically so, and not considering cap restrictions or math of any kind.

• Upvote 1

plus one

The JRich signing was a ploy, a gambit, to entice GSW to part with Monta and Biedrins (as a show of faith, and they take on Duhon's bad contract), using Otis's connections to the FO there.

He offers them a trade for someone they really want, with a reasonable contract, loads up on guards and wings to be used as trade bait later, and we start the season with:

Jameer

Monta

Turk

Fat Infant

Dwight

Meer

Monta

Iggy

Large Toddler

D12

Again, this is me thinking optimistically, maybe unrealistically so, and not considering cap restrictions or math of any kind.

LoL Big fat Baby..

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Sources also tell ESPN that, as @MikeWellsNBA predicted, Pacers and Grizzlies again engaged Josh McRoberts/OJ Mayo talks. This time S-and-T

Noooooo

Jameer

Monta

Turk

Fat Infant

Dwight

Meer

Monta

Iggy

Large Toddler

D12

If only...

And this is exactly why whenever someone says "GET IT DONE, OTIS" to a CP3 or Ellis, I die a little inside.