Sign in to follow this  
niktle

Trades that could happen..

I wouldn't get Russell also. Guy is a mini LBJ, was a total loser when he single handedly choked the Dallas series by ignoring Durant and taking his own shots. He also walked off like a loser without shaking hands. Start from scratch is the best way to go.

• Upvote 2

The best scenario if we lose Dwight is to let him go for nothing and be 20m closer to the cap threshold so we can rebuild faster.

Your trade sucks. The idea of "you don't want to lose him for nothing" is only valid if the something your getting back is better than nothing. And it isn't.

Simply put: there is no package for Dwight that will bring back a worthwhile return, and if we can't win a title WITH Dwight, we're not winning one with what we'd get back in a trade for Dwight, so you let him walk, tank, and start rebuilding.

While I agree with this notion wholeheartedly, and, as many posters have expressed, would prefer blowing up the team entirely to chaining ourselves to years of mediocrity, how likely is management to go through with "tanking"? Won't they be pressured to put a team on the court that get some wins and (likely brief) playoff runs for the sake of putting people in the seats?

Or is "tanking" in this type of situation, when a superstar has one foot out the door, something that has been done before? It seems to me that teams opt to trade for what they can, the Nuggets being a recent example.

Basically, would it be realistic to expect the Magic to go through with what we see as the best possible scenario? I see us making a trade. I would be OK with it, too, if we were able to offload some bad contracts.

I'm worried the Magic will trade him fearing that the fans will disapear during the rebuilding process. I just don't want to trade the best big in the league so we can make a half assed attempt at winning. I hated the years of having a team that can't do better than winning in the early 40s.

I've said it before, and will say it 20 times I'm sure before the moment comes when it's not relevant anymore.

You ONLY trade Dwight if he flat out tells management they have zero shot at keeping him.

Then you ONLY trade him for a mixture of young, cheap talent, a **** ton of draft picks, and cap space by getting rid of Arenas/Hedo in the process.

Like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3kfv2qg

Which would never happen.

Or this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3wxopys

(you then flip Westbrook)

Which won't happen either.

So yeah, you basically don't trade Dwight, unless one of those teams with picks, a ton of young talent, is willing to knock your socks off by blowing up their team to acquire a top 5 player.

I've said it before, and will say it 20 times I'm sure before the moment comes when it's not relevant anymore.

You ONLY trade Dwight if he flat out tells management they have zero shot at keeping him.

Then you ONLY trade him for a mixture of young, cheap talent, a **** ton of draft picks, and cap space by getting rid of Arenas/Hedo in the process.

Like this:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3kfv2qg

Which would never happen.

Or this:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3wxopys

(you then flip Westbrook)

Which won't happen either.

So yeah, you basically don't trade Dwight, unless one of those teams with picks, a ton of young talent, is willing to knock your socks off by blowing up their team to acquire a top 5 player.

So basically like the Carmelo situation

Not at all.

Well, Carmelo basically told the Nuggets that he wanted out. Gave them an idea that he was going to leave Denver as a FA.

Denver traded Carmelo for a basket of young talented players from the Knicks. Isn't that what you were suggesting we do if Dwight gives ORL a hint that he'll leave come free agency?

They also packaged Billups in the deal to rid themselves of two big contracts (like how you suggested we include Arenas to clear cap). How is that not at all like the Carmelo deal?

Well, Carmelo basically told the Nuggets that he wanted out. Gave them an idea that he was going to leave Denver as a FA.

Denver traded Carmelo for a basket of young talented players from the Knicks. Isn't that what you were suggesting we do if Dwight gives ORL a hint that he'll leave come free agency?

They also packaged Billups in the deal to rid themselves of two big contracts (like how you suggested we include Arenas to clear cap). How is that not at all like the Carmelo deal?

Well, for one, we wouldn't be sending Dwight where he wants to go, unless he's dreamed of playing in OKC, Portland, or the other LA his entire life.

Two, the type of talent Denver got back isn't the talent I had in mind. I said I wanted young talent with potential. Not a knock on Dano or Wilson, but neither is going to become anything they aren't already. Harden will. Maynor will. Jordan will. Gordon is just reaching an elite level. Aminu will. Bledsoe will. LA is elite and STILL has potential. Matthews will. I could go on.

Also, I want picks, picks, and more picks.

Finally, Billups vs Arenas/Turk are different ball games, let alone parks.

Love you gorgeous,

Jareth

Well, for one, we wouldn't be sending Dwight where he wants to go, unless he's dreamed of playing in OKC, Portland, or the other LA his entire life.

Two, the type of talent Denver got back isn't the talent I had in mind. I said I wanted young talent with potential. Not a knock on Dano or Wilson, but neither is going to become anything they aren't already. Harden will. Maynor will. Jordan will. Gordon is just reaching an elite level. Aminu will. Bledsoe will. LA is elite and STILL has potential. Matthews will. I could go on.

Love you gorgeous,

Jareth

I wanna have sex with your words.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone concerned Otis is doing the I like my team and I dont respond to what one player wants (dwight). Meanwhile it was reported the Magic were making a lot of offers at draft time to move up but didnt have the assets to make a deal. The way I read it Otis cant maneuver and is stuck with his club of untradeable players and now knows it, which isnt going to sit well with dwight and Otis now knows this too. Who knows Maybe the lock out helps out our club.

Love you gorgeous,

Jareth

The Clips pick in 2012 is Twolves unprotected 1st too, thats hott. I will say though Aminu should hope he reaches Wilson's level I agree Wilson is what he is but what he is is not a bad thing.

While I agree with this notion wholeheartedly, and, as many posters have expressed, would prefer blowing up the team entirely to chaining ourselves to years of mediocrity, how likely is management to go through with "tanking"? Won't they be pressured to put a team on the court that get some wins and (likely brief) playoff runs for the sake of putting people in the seats?

Or is "tanking" in this type of situation, when a superstar has one foot out the door, something that has been done before? It seems to me that teams opt to trade for what they can, the Nuggets being a recent example.

Basically, would it be realistic to expect the Magic to go through with what we see as the best possible scenario? I see us making a trade. I would be OK with it, too, if we were able to offload some bad contracts.

Yeah. The only way I would trade Dwight is if we included both Arenas and Turk and received back expiring contracts/young talent AND that's only if we are trading him to a team that I don't despise IE Boston or LA. In other words, there's no way I would ever trade Dwight.