Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Justin Harper

Got some cool info on last night.

Otis celebrated around pick 19 or 20 ( I forget) because they thought if Harper went that was when he was going to go. they had enough info to know that Harper could slide and they did the deal with CLE.

So while they sat there and waited it out, they were not nervous during every pick, just a few and that is what we were seeing.

The more I read about Harper the more I understand why they were so happy to get him that late in the draft and for giving up so little.

I said that about 3 hours ago on my twitter.

Ah, I don't do Twitter. It's weird. Still we see the same thing in that kid.

Granger/Durant similarity. That's good, I guess.

Can only guess that this move is done so as to "entice" another club to take on Turk when Ryan or Bass is traded. For me, Im hoping Bass is sent out with Turk. Magic desparately need to improve their basketball IQ, and losing those two would be addition by subtraction.

I'm telling you guys, I'm getting a weird feeling out of this Harper kid. I think he might really show up big.

Yes...its kind of awkward isn't it. The Magic made a great pick...in the second round...of the draft. How is that possible. I'm really praying for something new.

His highlights...are..quiet amazing. He has an outside shot and a turnaround shot that resembles Rashard Lewis'. He plays..well..I wouldn't justify it for now..but..."some" defense. Video evidence tells me he's a decent spot up shooter from what I've seen in the video. He's young and nearly 22 so I believe he has plenty of time to build his core and polish the kinks in his arsenal.

Some envision some promise but in this position, we can't afford to envision despair. I'll remain optimistic. Otis was really hoping for this player all that time. As impatient we were in the chat room, these developments take time and because of the situation with Dwight, the value of time for this organization..is probably worth more than gold.

• Upvote 1

Granted, I haven't seen the kid play at all except for the youtube clips, but I'm going to need to see more from Harper on the defensive end before the Granger comparisons are valid to me. I do see the similarities with Harper's length and shooting touch but Granger was a ferocious competitior on the defensive end when he first came into the league. There were stories of Artest and Granger getting in to it on a constant basis in training camp.

See a little Shard with a little Granger but slower laterally.

I think what we should keep in the forefront of our minds with this kid, is that "most of" his real improvements have occured last season! He is just now getting it...so lets get a training camp under him and se what we have! However...I am excited by what I see in this kid!!!

Why are we comparing him to Granger, Rashard Lewis and the like? He reminds me of a less athletic James Johnson.

James Johnson wishes he could shoot as well as Harper. . .