Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

QRich Quentin Richardson

Headed up to Amway for this workout b4 they Morgan Freeman in "Lean on Me" and put locks on the doors to the gym. Smh. Crazy.

9 minutes ago

poor Q is gonna get fat again :svgsad:

• Upvote 1

I have nothing to add to this discussion that hasn't been pointed out by savvier folk, or endlessly fantasised over by nearly everyone... but this series of threads and the doom of today... has decreased my life expectancy by some 5 years, at a guess. For the first time in my life I'm losing more hair than I'm growing and I can't concentrate once I open Firefox.

All I wanted to say was, thanks guys for the cycle of highs and lows recently. It's semi-heart-stopping.

soo why would the players reject a $65 mil flex cap? isnt that more lucrative than the current ($56 mil flex) cap?

and if there is an entire season off, do the players still get paid? and it runs a year off their contract?

soo why would the players reject a $65 mil flex cap? isnt that more lucrative than the current ($56 mil flex) cap? Teams go over the current CAP through a long list of CAP exceptions. The proposed $65m CAP offered an increase in the overall CAP level while axing most of the currently existing exceptions, and neutering several others.

and if there is an entire season off, do the players still get paid? No. Why would they get paid if they're not working? and it runs a year off their contract? Yes. Legally speaking, they're signed to work in X number of specific, calendar years, not just "the next X number of years where there is NBA basketball being played".

• Downvote 1

I dont understand how the proposed flex cap really hurts players. It seems it would just make it harder for GMs to sign certain players. I dont know its been hard for me to keep up with how this stuff works.

I dont understand how the proposed flex cap really hurts players. It seems it would just make it harder for GMs to sign certain players. I dont know its been hard for me to keep up with how this stuff works.

The invention of the MLE caused the average player salary to skyrocket. One of the first things the owners want to cut is the MLE for that reason.

• Downvote 1