Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

Yes. I've thought about this scenario long before this morning. Look, I'm not saying Otis should have had a crystal ball back in December to know that Deron Williams would become available. Obviously, if he had known, he would have traded for the guy. What I am saying, and why I am agreeing with the previous post, is that Otis' quick trigger in December to make changes just because the team had a mediocre/poor stretch of games was a knee-jerk reaction that now, in hindsight, cost our team big time.

But, hey, why bother drawing that simple conclusion from these posts? Instead, get testy and act all put off like your day was somehow ruined.

So now you are changing what you said. Good for you. You still haven't shown how Gortat+fillers is better than Favors+Kanter+1st round pick.

And LOL @ you thinking my day is ruined, you don't know **** about me so keep your opinions about me to yourself.

I don't know what's up with them. First they pick Robin when Brook has already been drafted in the 2008 draft and THEN the most egregious mistake of all, they let Blake Griffin slip through their fingers with the 48th pick in 2009.

this cracked me up...lmao.

I criticisized Otis at the time of the Phoenix trade for having gotten too little and shaken up the team too quickly. In hindsight the move turned out to have been even more of a missed opportunity than it appeared at the time. But, it was a bad move at the time. It is a bad move now. And, it will continue to hamstring the team's efforts to make better moves in the near future.

So, other than just sitting there criticisizing me and the other posters for critisizing the December trades, are you saying that your position is that Otis should be commended for those trades? If so, then we will agree to disagree. I will not feel the need to call your opinion "ridiculous".

I'm saying that pretending Otis should have not pulled the trigger on a trade based on the notion that players he had no way of knowing, short of clairvoyance, might become available later is a ridiculous position to take. And it's the entire basis of your argument. Literally, that's all you're arguing. You've said nothing of cap space.

You've said nothing about some other player or players that Otis would have KNOWN were available at the time. You've merely said that he shouldn't have made that trade because of another trade that came along later. That's stupid. If you want to criticize the trade he made, that's fine. Hell, I was doing that and getting blasted for it when people like you were talking about how great it was back in December. But criticizing a man for not knowing the future? That's insane.

And that you're asserting we could have gotten a top 8 player for a package built around our backup center is simply absurd.

i think the magic got a 2 guys that might work out especially the one they traded for. i am sure there is more to come. however i wish the measurements woukd be realistic. why list 6'8" guys at 6' 10". call it like it is.

I don't know what's up with them. First they pick Robin when Brook has already been drafted in the 2008 draft and THEN the most egregious mistake of all, they let Blake Griffin slip through their fingers with the 48th pick in 2009.

There's a reason why I said "they had a chance to take the more talented brother this year", unlike before smart guy.

So now you are changing what you said. Good for you. You still haven't shown how Gortat+fillers is better than Favors+Kanter+1st round pick.

And LOL @ you thinking my day is ruined, you don't know **** about me so keep your opinions about me to yourself.

I didn't change a thing. I agreed with Marc Acres' post about the December trades having been a knee-jerk move that ended up hurting the team and, as it turned out, may have cost the Magic the opportunity to acquire Deron Williams. When Utah made the trade with New Jersey, they also could not possibly have known they would end up with Enis Kanter since it was way too early to know where they would be drafting and Kanter was still fighting with the NCAA to play at UK.

It's pretty clear from everything you've posted this morning that you're just on here looking for arguments (going back and forth with me, calling out "95% of the people on the board as idiots, etc."). I said you were acting "like your day is ruined". I didn't ask you to respond to my post by saying "Did you even think before you typed?"

Alright, so now we both vented. Great. With that said, your point about Utah getting Favors + 2 1st round picks from New Jersey (which assumedly would have turned out to be high picks since NJ has consistently sucked), and that having been a better deal that what the Magic could have offered, may be a point well taken. But, we'll never know for sure because the December trades eliminated the opportunity to find out. It's all speculation anyway. Pleasure debating with you.

@agentzeroshow

Gilbert A. aka Jefe i really wanted 0 back when i came here but otis told me along time ago he doesnt allow that number..dont know why nut dont

So thats why Agent Zero is gone.. hmmm

I wish I was little bit taller,

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good

I would call her

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat

and a '64 Impala

I wish I was like six-foot-nine

So I could get with Leoshi

Cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine

You know I see her all the time

Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams

I can scheme of ways to make her mine

Cause I know she's livin phat

Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball

So how am I gonna compete with that

'Cause when it comes to playing basketball

I'm always last to be picked

And in some cases never picked at all

So I just lean upon the wall

Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls

Who came to watch their men ball

Dag y'all! I never understood

Why the jocks get the fly girls

And me I get the hood rats

I tell 'em scat, skittle, skibobble

Got hit with a bottle

And put in the hospital, for talkin' that mess

I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city

That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name

Glad I came to my senses

Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach

Overcome with my thoughts of me and her together

Right?

So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type

(rpt 1, 1)

I wish I had a brand-new car

So far, I got this hatchback

And everywhere I go, yo I gets laughed at

And when I'm in my car I'm laid back

I got an 8-track and a spare tire in the backseat

But that's flat

And do you really wanna know what's really wack, What

See I can't even get a date

So, what do you think of that?

I heard that prom night is the bomb night

With a hood rat you can hold tight

But really tho' on figuero

When I'm in my car I can't even get a hello

Well so many people wanna cruise Crenshaw on Sunday

Well then I'm gonna have to get in my car and go

You know I take the 110 to the 105

Get off on Crenshaw tell my homies look alive

Cause it's hard to survive

Livin' in a concrete jungle and

These girls just keep passin' me by

She looks fly, she looks fly

Makes me say my, my, my

(rpt 1, 1)

I wish I was a little bit taller...

I wish I was a baller...

I wish I was a little bit taller y'all

I wish I was a baller (3)

Hey, I wish I had my way

'Cause everyday would be a Friday

You could even speed on the highway

I would play ghetto games

Name my kids ghetto names

Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine

Yo you know that's on the real

So if you're down on your luck

Then you should know just how I feel

Cause if you don't want me around

See I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound

Hey, you, what's that sound?

Everybody look what's going down

Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?

Everybody wants to get down like that

You are the only person in Orlando who Dwight clearly hates, yet you continue to post things like this and annoy people. That's sad. Seek medical attention.

You and D12 are BFF's amirite? so you and him txt all the time and he told you to tell me he hates me? I understand now. Thanks for the insider brosef. Let's get together and play some poker later over a plate of wings. Then you can drive me to the hospital to get that medical attention that I desperatley need.

Call me later hun.

You and D12 are BFF's amirite? so you and him txt all the time and he told you to tell me he hates me? I understand now. Thanks for the insideer brosef. Let's get together and play some poker later over a plate of wings. Then you can dive me to the hospital to get that medical attention that I desperatley need.

Call me later hun.

looooooooooooool

But will his nose be as hard as Bogans'? Thats the real question.

Absolutely not

I'm saying that pretending Otis should have not pulled the trigger on a trade based on the notion that players he had no way of knowing, short of clairvoyance, might become available later is a ridiculous position to take. And it's the entire basis of your argument. Literally, that's all you're arguing. You've said nothing of cap space.

You've said nothing about some other player or players that Otis would have KNOWN were available at the time. You've merely said that he shouldn't have made that trade because of another trade that came along later. That's stupid. If you want to criticize the trade he made, that's fine. Hell, I was doing that and getting blasted for it when people like you were talking about how great it was back in December. But criticizing a man for not knowing the future? That's insane.

And that you're asserting we could have gotten a top 8 player for a package built around our backup center is simply absurd.

I criticized the Phoenix trade at the time and have consistently criticisized it since. I thought it was ridiculous to take on the same Turkoglu contract that the Magic refused to overpay for a year+ earlier and somehow think it would make more sense now. So, to say I was amongst "people like you were talking about how great it was" is nonsense. I have always believed that Gortat and VC's expiring contract were assets that should have brought the Magic more in return. Maybe those 2 pieces with other moves/players involved might have brought D-Will to Orlando. My point is that it was apparent in December (to me and other people who had the same opinion as I did at the time), that better opportunities would become available with those trade assets than what the Phoenix trade brought. The opportunity is gone so we'll never know. Again, it's all speculation. But, the fact is that there is nothing "stupid" in criticisizing Otis for having made that deal.