Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

MagicalNBA MagicalNBA

Other teams trying for Josh Smith. Think NJ is one. This is where the wait begins on what deal is best.

1 minute ago

DWill, Smith and might as well say Dwight. Awesooome.

If they add Smith, there's likely no way they could afford Dwight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN THE NBA ALREADY, UGH.

Seriously. Somebody make a friggin move.

I feel like there are a bunch of GM's in a room right now saying "No you go first" and then slapping the other GM and giggling and trotting away.

Even more interesting is this teams mentioned as possible suitors for Smith, were the Hawks to finally get to the point where they are actually talking about making a deal:

“They’re looking for a change,” one Eastern Conference executive said. “They would die to be rid of Joe Johnson’s contract or move Smith, but they won’t give [smith] away. They want something in return.”

Dwight Howard has been a proponent of the Magic trying to make a deal for Smith, a childhood friend, but general manager Otis Smith is low on assets. Houston has long been intrigued with Smith, but like Orlando and New Jersey, also probably doesn’t have the right pieces to make a trade. Hawks GM Rick Sund has long coveted Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen – two aging Celtics entering the final years of contracts – but Celtics GM Danny Ainge has yet to show an inclination to break up his core for next season.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/06/21/jsmoove-on-the-move/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

FINE, SEND HIM OVER HERE.

You missed the point I was making, dude.

If you like or dislike a post and want to rate it, that's what the reps are there for. Knock yourself out.

The problem this board has is how few people will actually use the rep system AND contribute to the discourse.

If I write a post, and you think the ideas in it are terrible and want to give me a -1 for it, that's fine, but you really ought to be writing your own opinion as to WHY you think my idea is terrible, or at the very least post "I think that idea is terrible". At least if you post the latter, we can have a dialogue about it.

Penny Hardaway's ghost wrote "I don't think we have assets to get Smith"(or whatever it was. I'm not going to look) and someone gave him a -1 for that. That's asinine. That's a completely valid statement for a person to make.

If you disagree with it, fine, but justify that disagreement.

I got the point, Dude, which is why I took the time to write out the response and not just give you a negative.... :happypuppy:

Just curious but has Otis ever made a deal that was a 3 team deal? Why does not get a 3 way going with any team?

The Rafer Alston trade was a 3 team deal with us, the Rockets and the Grizzlies.