Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

I think we need Mayo as insurance if Arenas blows. This way we can trade Jameer and at least have 2 hybrid guards to play the point. I like Mayo over Ellis for multiple reasons, but the main one is that he is a lot cheaper. I believe the deal being discussed is Bass for OJ. If you are Orlando, you have to make this trade if possible.

The Josh Smith option is a long shot for many reasons.

What the Magic would need is to get lucky. Orton needs to develop fast enough to be a backup PF, and Fran needs to come over as well. This will provide much needed depth up front.

At this point you have a logjam at guard and need to make trades. The package to shop is Jameer and Anderson. The team to target is Portland. You make the offer for Miller and Batum, and throw in your 2012 first as well.

Now you hope the lockout ends fast. You can now S&T JJ and Jrich for Boozer since I believe JJ will be able to be moved to CHI in July. CHI will have what they need, which is SG depth, and the Magic will be back in contention and possible favorites if Arenas delivers.

The Magic would be smart to keep Qrich in this situation since he provides valuable defense and length off the bench. They would now have a second unit that is much improved, and they would not have made any FA signings to add to the salary.

Arenas/Miller/Duhon

Mayo/Qrich

Batum/Hedo

Boozer/Clark/Orton

Dwight/Fran

If we trade JJ & Jrich for Boozer, that gives Chi a boatload of wings. For that package, we'd definitely have to take back 1 of their wings or find a third team to fill the gaps.

JRich

JJ

Brewer

Bogans

Fran not coming over is not a fact by any means.

Boozer is definitely not far fetched. CHI wants him out, and he wants to play with Dwight.

You wouldn't throw a late 1st rounder in to get Batum? Wow, that's just lack of knowledge. Sorry. Batum is very young and incredible talented.

Miller expires and provides us with a real PG as insurance for Arenas.

No but whats most likely? Fran staying or coming?

If he wanted to play with Dwight why did he sign with Chicago so quickly? For the money? Maybe. Which is why I want nothing to do with this guy. I rather start Bass again then to watch a 15 million a year guy drain our funds sitting on the bench with some injury. Hes on the verge of VC type of career imo.

Batum is POTENTIAL. I'd gladly take him but he was a late 1st rounder himself as well as Anderson. Anderson is very young and incredible talented and is 6'10 with outside range. If they want a first rounder and won't budge I'd gladly say no and sign Tayshuan Prince if I'm Otis. Its time we put our foot down on deals and stop giving more then what we're getting.

I'm ok with Miller for the reasons you stated but theres no reason why we need to give Portland a 1st rounder. Imo, we are both giving a little and taking a little. Jameer and Anderson for Miller and Batum is a fair deal.

How about this:

We do a 3 way trade with Portland and Atlanta

Orlando Trades Nelson, Bass, Qrich, Duhon to Portland for Batum and Miller

Portland trades Marcus Camby to Atlanta

Atlanta Trades Josh Smith to Orlando

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3rgk96g

While I'd LOVE to see this, there is no way in the world this happens. Way to be a 'homer', homer.

• Upvote 1

I think we need Mayo as insurance if Arenas blows. This way we can trade Jameer and at least have 2 hybrid guards to play the point. I like Mayo over Ellis for multiple reasons, but the main one is that he is a lot cheaper. I believe the deal being discussed is Bass for OJ. If you are Orlando, you have to make this trade if possible.

The Josh Smith option is a long shot for many reasons.

What the Magic would need is to get lucky. Orton needs to develop fast enough to be a backup PF, and Fran needs to come over as well. This will provide much needed depth up front.

At this point you have a logjam at guard and need to make trades. The package to shop is Jameer and Anderson. The team to target is Portland. You make the offer for Miller and Batum, and throw in your 2012 first as well.

Now you hope the lockout ends fast. You can now S&T JJ and Jrich for Boozer since I believe JJ will be able to be moved to CHI in July. CHI will have what they need, which is SG depth, and the Magic will be back in contention and possible favorites if Arenas delivers.

The Magic would be smart to keep Qrich in this situation since he provides valuable defense and length off the bench. They would now have a second unit that is much improved, and they would not have made any FA signings to add to the salary.

Arenas/Miller/Duhon

Mayo/Qrich

Batum/Hedo

Boozer/Clark/Orton

Dwight/Fran

Wow giving up Ryan Anderson and Jameer Nelson +2012 for Batum and Miller? Are you for real?

Orlando's best assets for something really not that great.

if we can get a wing combo of Mayo/Batum, you gotta jump at it. Not only are they nyce pieces to develop with Dwight, but if the ultimate goal is CP3/DWill, these players are nice pieces to add to a trade. Certainly better and more attractive than Jameer/Bass/Ryan.