Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

Dwight says his preference is to stay with the Magic and 'start his own path'

Responding to speculation that he wants to jump to a bigger market such as Los Angeles or New York when he can became a free agent next year, All-NBA center Dwight Howard indicated Monday that his strong preference is to remain with the Orlando Magic for the long term.

"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," Howard said, referencing Shaquille O'Neal's decision to leave the Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers via free agency following the 1995-96 season.

"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have — this small market that we have — and we can make it a big market."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-dwight-howard-0531-20110530,0,2026832.story

• Upvote 4

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to love the City of Orlando, Dwight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holla atcha boy, Magic fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting pretty confident now that he's staying and he, along with our management, have a plan. What that plan is, I have no idea. They might not even have a plan, who knows. But I think they do. There might be something major coming our way fellas. I'm smelling the stew.

THE PLAN... They propably even had some musician write a theme song for that plan. Something very groovy, yet fierce. But cool.

Wait, they could just play this on repeat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUK3ecoMiE

This was also posted in the offseason thread.

But, thats good news for Magic fans. I say now that Dwight has sort of told the Magic organization what he wants. They give Otis this offseason to get Dwight happy, if it doesnt happen. Give him his slip and send him on his way. That will give a new GM a year to try and figure something out.

This was also posted in the offseason thread.

But, thats good news for Magic fans. I say now that Dwight has sort of told the Magic organization what he wants. They give Otis this offseason to get Dwight happy, if it doesnt happen. Give him his slip and send him on his way. That will give a new GM a year to try and figure something out.

Didn't see it in the offseason thread until now. But, this is the most positive and encouraging statements we've heard from D12 and his manager. So, it's probably big enough news for its own thread.

OTIS-- get the man the help he needs!

Didn't see it in the offseason thread until now. But, this is the most positive and encouraging statements we've heard from D12 and his manager. So, it's probably big enough news for its own thread.

OTIS-- get the man the help he needs!

I agree it probably does need its own thread. That post will probably get lost in the craziness of that other thread in a couple of hours.

I think Otis will do his best, but ultimately I think the Magic will be interviewing for a new GM soon.

encouraging words, and yes it deserves it's own thread..you have more then one post though, you can only start threads with your first post...lol:) i hope otis and dwight have talked, and dwight has told him what he would like to see changed..otis needs to make it happen, hope the cba helps us out..

If Dwight wants to "have the right teammates", he needs to recruit them.

Chris Paul S/T to ORL

Quoted for truth.

Dwight needs to be vocal somehow and get other players here to play with him.

Otis needs to help Dwight get it done though. Our cap situation is one that we can't really do something like your S/T scenario without A LOT of help.

NO won't trade him somewhere where he can't outright sign. We can't afford him here with our cap situation.

"He does not want to leave Orlando," said Howard's manager, Kevin Samples. "You don't do stuff like this and be ready to go. If you're ready to go, you go ahead and go and start taking meetings and stuff like that. This is home for us. It's been seven years. We want to stay here."