Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Bass Begins Offseason Journey

Three days.

That’s all the free time Brandon Bass has given himself thus far this offseason. Just three days. An immensely short window of time, considering that’s just an extended weekend for the rest of working world.

While most players no longer in the hunt for a title are enjoying vacations and resting up from a physically and mentally taxing NBA season, Bass is already engaged in a vigorous offseason training program as he attempts to improve himself this summer both on the court and off it.

After taking three fun-packed family days with stops at two of Orlando’s finest attractions – Disney and Universal – Bass headed back into the Magic’s training facility at the state-of-the-art Amway Center to begin preparing for the 2011-12 campaign.

“I just started back working because I figured whoever is going to win the championship is still playing,” he explained. “I just want to get myself that much better and I figure they’re playing, so I should be working and getting better.”

Read More: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/savage_brandon_bass_looks_to_improve_mentally_physically_052411.html

Or Full Q&A here: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/savage_chat_with_brandon_bass_052411.html

• Upvote 2

Bass is a good dude. I really believe he tries.

But he needs to focus on defense this offseason. Nothing but defense (mainly his rotations). His shot selection too, which he sort of touched on as well.

I was hoping this "Journey" took place in Europe and would extend for more than 2 years. . .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Journey? Does Brandon even have a PASSport?

Silly jokes aside... will now read the Q&A!

• Upvote 2

It's articles like these that make me want to give him another chance but deep down I know 5 games into the Season and i'll be screaming for him to be kicked out of Florida.

Bass is a good dude. I really believe he tries.

But he needs to focus on defense this offseason. Nothing but defense (mainly his rotations). His shot selection too, which he sort of touched on as well.

His defense is amazing compared to his ability to pass the ball. Is there a way to improve passing ability and court awareness? It seems like Dwight did, but Dwight is obviously one of those rare talents.