Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

How to fix the Magic.....

You might want to be careful posting Insider articles, BJ

Yeah, ESPN doesn't want everyone finding out how being an "insider" is the equivalent of throwing your money down the toilet, what with worthless articles like this and all the others.

• Upvote 3

Get Rid of Stan ! bring in Doc Rivers ! This changes the coaching philosophy to emphasize defense not 3 point shooting. Trade Dwight #12, If he must go. Who ever gets Dwight must take on Gilbert Arenas... Keep Earl Clark, JJ, Bass, Anderson...( trade any of the other players for draft picks).. I really think old man Anthony Johnson was a better player than Duhon.

• Downvote 5

Is it me or is every thread on this board ending in the same result? It might start off on a different subject but in the end it all comes down to everyone saying "Otis is an idiot, blow up this team ja ja ja ja ja ja ja" yet not one reasonable soloution has been presented.

Maybe because their isin't a reasonable soloution an we're just f****d

Slow down the panic, y'all. Just read my sig and have faith.

Get Rid of Stan ! bring in Doc Rivers ! This changes the coaching philosophy to emphasize defense not 3 point shooting. Trade Dwight #12, If he must go. Who ever gets Dwight must take on Gilbert Arenas... Keep Earl Clark, JJ, Bass, Anderson...( trade any of the other players for draft picks).. I really think old man Anthony Johnson was a better player than Duhon.

1) Stan Van Gundy is known for his Defensive style of coaching.

2) Tom Thibodeau was a massive part of the Boston Celtics defensive strategy, not purely Doc Rivers.

3) Orlando Magic has been a top defensive team the last few years, they only declined after change of personnel during this season.

4) Stop reading ESPN, Dwignt aint going anywhere.

5) You are right about No-neck, he is clearly better than Duhon.

I don't believe we ever had to get rid of Shard. He was exceptional in 08-09 season and than Vince came along. He never co-existed well will Carter and I feel that put a stranglehold on his game. I feel that Otis should've and could've solely tried Richardson and Turk alongside Lewis. Biggest blunder to date is obtaining Arenas.

However, I still have faith that Arenas can provide some value to this roster, but it will only to come with his own dedication/work ethic toward this program and himself.

i have been on this board since december of 2006. a number of really sharp guys came along at that time including bj.most have quit posting except bj and myself. he and i had many harsh words over jj in the early years of his career. however we got past that and he has changed the way he brings his message. we can not change past mistakes by the magic or posters on this board. otis is not alone in the magic problems or decision making. so the question today is how to best fix what most of us think is wrong. this is what i think. first the magic need a starting pg who can run an offense and be a defensive minded player. i do not see gil getting that much better and nelson is a secound unit player. next they need to adress the offense. howard needs to learn to pass and cut down turn overs. they need to decide on jj. start him and get him more involved in the offense if you do not sign j rich. also hedo needs to be with nelson on the secound unit or somehow how traded with nelson. most likely anderson or bass or both will be moved to get tougher and bigger up front. what do you think?

i have been on this board since december of 2006. a number of really sharp guys came along at that time including bj.most have quit posting except bj and myself. he and i had many harsh words over jj in the early years of his career. however we got past that and he has changed the way he brings his message. we can not change past mistakes by the magic or posters on this board.

Jack, the only thing that has changed is that he isn't picking at JJ anymore.

i have been on this board since december of 2006. a number of really sharp guys came along at that time including bj.most have quit posting except bj and myself.

I'm pretty sure that's a slap in the face to any poster here who signed up in 2006.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1