32 members have voted

1. 1. Things to work on the offeseason:

• 1. Passing (DUH)
    • 2. Ball-handling
    • 3. Smiling less
    • 4. Comedy
    • 5. Abilit to gather flagrants
    • 6. All of the above

I'm saying ball handling. How many times did we see him back down and A.) Fumble the ball away/out of bounds. or B.) Have his defender reach in and poke it away. This is where all those turnovers come from.

I applaud Dwight for improving significantly on offense this year. I would say passing out of the post is the top for me. It will magically solve a lot of ills and, as he gets better, you'll see how it benefits the entire team. Not to mention Dwight will get hit less and T.O.s will go down.

I'm saying ball handling. How many times did we see him back down and A.) Fumble the ball away/out of bounds. or B.) Have his defender reach in and poke it away. This is where all those turnovers come from.

1. The above. He seems to keep the ball way too low in the post. When he catches the ball he should keep the ball high enough away from smaller players.

I applaud Dwight for improving significantly on offense this year. I would say passing out of the post is the top for me. It will magically solve a lot of ills and, as he gets better, you'll see how it benefits the entire team. Not to mention Dwight will get hit less and T.O.s will go down.

2. The old custom was to always double team the opposing teams star player, like Shaq on the Magic and Lakers. He would catch the ball, wait for the double team, score if none came, or pass it to the open man if it did. Unfortunately teams would rather play Howard one on one and stay on the shooters so there's not much in game practice. Maybe do some passing drills to improve his fundamentals, but I believe the LiveByTheThree's post is far more important.

3. His relationship with the refs. If you don't complain to the refs all the time the refs will start to favor you on every play on both sides of the floor. I have played in many leagues and by not ever complaining to the refs allowed me to get away with a lot, including pushing and holding. If he can do this, I guarantee that he will hardly be in any foul trouble .

Turnovers obviously. Free throws. He definitely showed improvement. If he builds on that, he'll be even more of a scorer. I think he's capable of shooting 70%.

He even improved his free throw shooting once the playoffs started. I guess the only improvement I can think of would be for him to memorize this song and sing it over and over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs45DBPmqQk

Dwight must start to feel really sick. From the postgame talks and other interviews he really sounds like he likes Orlando and its fans. But still you keep acting like he is going to leave because of money. if he leaves I wouldn't blame the team management for it.

Obviously he can improve but he's not the problem. A player like Dwight with decent teammates would have multiple championships by now.

Obviously he can improve but he's not the problem. A player like Dwight with decent teammates would have multiple championships by now.

like karl malone?

I voted sign a lifetime extension with a team option after 7 years... Oh wait there was nothing for that option.

I think as he continues to refine his offensive game and it becomes more second nature he will become better at passing, as he will not have to think so much.

Can anyone list players who developed into a solid ball-handlers and passers in the middle of their careers? To me those seem like qualities that are very tough to learn, especially for an 8-year-vet.